Few questions

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
I personally like the M6 with the 5.3 Elipse(6.5 coil )for hunting coins and jewelry. The stock coil is ok for large open areas, but most of the coins & jewelry I find are in areas that have trash,nails ect: and many times near obstacles wood and metal. The M6 can use all coils a mxt can and is a slow sweep fast response detector. The ground balance takes seconds to balance, has a silent threshold, 7 tones(if you wish to use),very easy to pinpoint with, so simple to use the directions are on the back. I have not had any EMI or abnormal metal structure troubles with mine. This machine is well balanced, built like a tank,gets good depth, and has the best finish job in the business. It is essentially a MXT in the coin&jewelry mode with a silent threshold and 7 tones. happy hunting Cal

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I'm not sure what I wanna step up to. Just heard whites were hard to use.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, the M6 would be a great step up. White's aren't any harder to use than any others. Like most brands, White's has entry level, mid level and top of the line machines. The M6 is asbout as easy to use as anything available. 2 knobs and 1 switch. White's service is second to none, and you'll probably never need it.

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys sounds like a good christmas gift lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dnt like the idea of saving MORE money

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
M6 is a superb detector, if you go used for less than the prize of the m6 you can get a mxt that is even better. As for hard to use the only one that it's a bit hard to get used to is the v series. The m6 or mxt are as easy as it can get. The performance of them are second to none. Customer service is the best in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
norbyx said:
M6 is a superb detector, if you go used for less than the prize of the m6 you can get a mxt that is even better. As for hard to use the only one that it's a bit hard to get used to is the v series. The m6 or mxt are as easy as it can get. The performance of them are second to none. Customer service is the best in the market.

Thanks I've been torn on the at pro or a whites. I've been kinda looking at the mxt and m6. I have s friend that has a whites prism that he was gonna let me try out

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The prism is not even comparable

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I was on whites website last might I saw that. I'm completely new to whites, I got the ace cuz I was told the whites were too complicated for s beginner

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Whites aren't too complicated I don't know why but normally the beginner won't get a whites, go figure. Anyhow the mxt has the simplicity for the beginner and the performance to make happy any expert. You won't need to upgrade ever again unless you want it but not for performance.

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckily I'm away on training in Georgia for my new job, I found a shop not far from my hotel that sells whites and u can test them out. I'm thinking I might make a trip to that shop and try one out. Thanks for you help

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Luckily I'm away on training in Georgia for my new job, I found a shop not far from my hotel that sells whites and u can test them out. I'm thinking I might make a trip to that shop and try one out. Thanks for you help

That is your best approach.... do it if you can...

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is an awesome detector which offers a threshold that the M6 doesn't have. HH

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The M6 has tone ID that the MXT doesn't have. If you're concerned about being too difficult then the M6 Is easier to use. The MXT Pro has Tone ID but now were talking a couple hundred $ more.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT pro is only $100.00 more than the regular MXT.
The M6 has tone ID that the MXT doesn't have. If you're concerned about being too difficult then the M6 Is easier to use. The MXT Pro has Tone ID but now were talking a couple hundred $ more.

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dholland02,
This is Ed Huffman the owner of Treasure Mountain and TreasureNet Sponsor. Like everyone is saying the M6 or MXT would be a great upgrade from you ACE 250 and honestly the M6 or MXT is just as simple to use as the ACE 250. There is not alot of tweaks and adjustments on either model and both machines are very similar except you have tone id on the M6 and you have a RELIC and PROSPECTING mode on the MXT. If I can help you out feel free to contact me, I have some great deals going on my Whites detectors for TreasureNet members. Thanks, Ed

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites aren't too complicated I don't know why but normally the beginner won't get a whites, go figure.

I think because the ACE series has been so successful for beginners word spreads quickly. The upper end Garrett's while great machines always seem to play second fiddle in water cooler talk to the Whites and Minelab when discussing top machines, the AT Pro has changed that a little.

I still think it is association, people think beginner they think Garrett and ACE, they think higher end they think Whites and Minelab. The X-terra series are great versatile machines as well but they rarely get mentioned. If you think about it for the money Tesoro has great products that would fit most first or second machine budgets and give a lot more than that in performance. But the lack of a VDI on the majority of their units keeps most new people away, those new people then get accustomed to the VDI and would could not see ever getting a Tesoro, thus Tesoro is a great product with great service but yet has what is more considered a cult following than majority support.

None of this was to sway from the topic machines, it was just a long winded answer to your question I quoted.

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys
On I will admit I'd prefer a VDI machine. I figure of I'm spending the money on a m6 or mxt I might as well just save and get the pro. Now I'm just torn between the at pro and mxt pro. I wish there was something I could demo these at to help me out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions