Few things from this weekend

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hit a 200 acre farm in Blackstone this weekend that I got invited to hunt via craigslist. The land had a few old barn sites and two old house sites. One from around 1900 and the other unknown. Just a stone foundation left. Actually the homeowner had just discovered the foundation last fall while deer hunting. The saw blade I believe is from an old 2 man saw, the wooden handles have long rotten off and part of the end of the saw is broken off,(probably why they left it near an old oak to be found 5" down by me.) still a nice piece though! I'm gonna try electrolysis on this one and put it near the fireplace.
The cylindrical thing I have no idea what it was but it was near the stone foundation. I'll put it in whatsits and see if anyone knows.
Didn't get a pic but I also found a gold cuff link in the man's front yard. And I hate to go back to a topic from a month ago about sharing the finds with the homeowner, but the link had an "F" on it, and since the homeowner's last name started with an "F" I decided to turn it over. He said it was his (deceased) father's and that he still had the other one! Turns out he was so happy about the cuff link that he said he could get me permission to hunt 2000 acres that are part of Sailor's Creek battlefield, and also permission to hunt a piece of land that is known to have been a civil war field hospital where his sister accidentally found a wallet of gold coins! MAN I'm glad I handed over that little cuff link! Just goes to show ya!
Thanks for looking! HH everyone.

Attachments

• 100_1987.JPG
    100_1987.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_1988.JPG
    100_1988.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 100_1989.JPG
    100_1989.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_1990.JPG
    100_1990.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 100_1992.JPG
    100_1992.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your good deed just got you permission to hunt a battlefield...Wow, you will have a ball. Be sure to share the pics of the goodies. Thanks for sharing the story and pics.

DANGLANGLEY

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Way to go on getting the new hunting sites! Sometimes it does pay to be a nice guy.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool story Jack....I like the old find's cleaned up and displayed,try and buy one from somebody..$$.My brother's friend at work has some property that back's up to Saylor's Creek...Tear it up if you get the chance.....Excellent work!!

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
the dollar looks in good shape what year is it LOL

good job HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread