Few things to ponder......its 2:45 am and i cant sleep.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First question ide like to pose.

How come spain is claiming the treasure of the Odyssey. It submitted proof in court that the ship was of spanish origin. I want to know why,if they had proof of the ship being theirs, did they not salvage it themselves. How long is this political piracy going to be allowed to continue. I mean,this company spent the time to research it,find it and salvage it. It should be theirs and no self respecting court should even think of hearing otherwise.

Next late nite ponderance. If thats even a word. lol.

If someone was to find the holy grail and without a doubt it could be confirmed to be the grail,would it be the finders?

How many people here think it should be donated. How many people here think it would be the property of the finder.

How many people here would destroy it to keep it from falling into the wrong hands??

Far fetched i know but i saw some new headlines earlier and they got me thinking.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I woke up at 230 and got up at 3. About the Odyessy, I aint got a clue but the Holy Grail I would think would be finders keepers. But if I found it I wouldnt keep it. It would have to be donated to the Smithsonian so everyone could see it. I wish I could go back to sleep...d2

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD thats why i said if it could be absolutley proven. Im speculating here. Not being totally serious. Excpet for the part about the spanish.

I personally would keep it. Sell it to the highest bidder and if i got a whiff of someone trying to claim it....it would become lost again...only this time it would never be found. :wink:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
If someone was to find the holy grail and without a doubt it could be confirmed to be the grail,would it be the finders?

No, Spain would claim it as theirs.

How many people here think it should be donated. How many people here think it would be the property of the finder.

I would put it on eBay and start a bidding war.

I would love to see someone find the arc of the covenant. Hope it is not really in a Gov. warehouse like the Indiana Jones movie..... Just a thought. Hope this does not give you any more sleepless nights.

:coffee2:

Ray S

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ryaan21 said:

How come spain is claiming the treasure of the Odyssey. It submitted proof in court that the ship was of spanish origin. I want to know why,if they had proof of the ship being theirs, did they not salvage it themselves. How long is this political piracy going to be allowed to continue. I mean,this company spent the time to research it,find it and salvage it. It should be theirs and no self respecting court should even think of hearing otherwise.

Why would Spain spend all the time & money to research & recover the Odyssey when they can sit on their haunches till someone else does all the work for them? :icon_pirat:

How many people here would destroy it to keep it from falling into the wrong hands??

Far fetched i know but i saw some new headlines earlier and they got me thinking.
If you found the grail & tried to stash it, I bet you'd disappear faster than you could make the Grail disappear again ;D

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray these topics didnt give me sleepless nights. I started thinking of them on a night when i couldnt sleep for medical reasons.

And if i found the grail I wouldnt breath a word of it to anyone. I would set up dummy email address's at our library where you dont have to register to use the computers to feild offers.

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
ryaan21 said:

Next late nite ponderance. If thats even a word. lol.

The larger the country, the more power they can exert. Spain is a major power and I doubt very much if any court would go against them in neutralizing their claim to a ship that sailed from their ports, particularly if the ship was carrying anything that belonged to the government of that period. It's like it's theirs into perpetuity even if they don't do anything to look for it. The company that found it needs a lawyer like the type you see in movies that find loop holes in loops!

The holy grail never existed as a physical object. It's a romantic tale created by one or more persons. Documentaries are regularly seen on TV showing the history of all of the acclaimed grails, so far. If you're thinking of the grail as being associated with the Jesus of the New Testament, keep in mind that there is no evidence for this Jesus nor any of the alleged personalities or events. That was created 50 to 100 years after the alleged events and there is no evidence whatsover to support them.

Silver Fox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread