Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys do realize how much you all sound like a bunch of "cranky old men" right? Amazing how worked up you are getting... Over a silly little toy!
Ya your right........guess I should lighten up a little. Never realized how therapeutic they are supposed to be for some people with a.d.d. and stress. Ive done more damage walking and texting Lol !! Never new about them till yesterday. You just reminded me how old im getting. Nooooooo !!!!! You kids better turn that rock n roll music down before I call the police. And stop playing with those darn fidget spinners. Noooo! Its happening to me too.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son has one and he does all sorts of tricks with it. I played with it for a few... not as cool as the toys we had as kids. I can get that thing to spin for 12 mins! They range from $8 to $35!
They are not allowed at his school as the kids don't pay attention in class if they are playing with them.
He showed me some vids of idiots putting razor blades on them and trying to come as close as possible to their hands without cutting themselves.... ya the fails were bloody!

Awesome post by Charlie! LOG! Now that's a toy!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is sure spinning along a lot longer than I thought it would !! Lol. maybe I can attach this fidget spinner to my metal detector like an airplane prop.
Ill give it a spin whenever I dig a piece of corroded clad !! See I can use my Imagination, see im not getting old, see im not cranky !!!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread is sure spinning along a lot longer than I thought it would !! Lol. maybe I can attach this fidget spinner to my metal detector like an airplane prop.
Ill give it a spin whenever I dig a piece of corroded clad !! See I can use my Imagination, see im not getting old, see im not cranky !!!

I want to see that! Get one of those prop hats as well. :icon_thumleft:
513166427.jpg

Your post above was too funny!
"You kids better turn that rock n roll music down before I call the police. And stop playing with those darn fidget spinners."
My monitor almost enjoyed some of my coffee!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw these on some news program with my wife and it was about kids with ADHD or something similar and they were using these to help them. Them I see them popping up on eBay for 3 to 5 buck and then a couple weeks ago I go to Wally-world (Wal-mart) to get a few items and they have them on the end displays, in toys, down the center isle, made in china all for the bargain price of just $4.97!!! A fidget spinner. Now they are dry bearings running at fast speeds and will spin on long. Well knowing that a bearing that has lubrication will last longer, I took one and put a drop of oil in the bearing. Oops, it does not run as fast or for as long. Guess it was meant to spin dry, self destruct and you buy more of the garbage. Wonder what fool we have to thank and like to kick for these??? Blak Bart, I am not sure that I would part with Zincolns for this. Gimme more clad first!

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I saw these on some news program with my wife and it was about kids with ADHD or something similar and they were using these to help them. Them I see them popping up on eBay for 3 to 5 buck and then a couple weeks ago I go to Wally-world (Wal-mart) to get a few items and they have them on the end displays, in toys, down the center isle, made in china all for the bargain price of just $4.97!!! A fidget spinner. Now they are dry bearings running at fast speeds and will spin on long. Well knowing that a bearing that has lubrication will last longer, I took one and put a drop of oil in the bearing. Oops, it does not run as fast or for as long. Guess it was meant to spin dry, self destruct and you buy more of the garbage. Wonder what fool we have to thank and like to kick for these??? Blak Bart, I am not sure that I would part with Zincolns for this. Gimme more clad first!

The first one a bought came with instructions...lol "Do Not Oil Bearings". I'm like "wtf?" I did some research and sure enough, oil kills them. I bought one that has the fancy ceramic bearings, that puppy would zing!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something tells me that there may be a new trash item to start showing up in our detecting finds. At least we all know it is not any kind of artifact but another piece of junk. 1320, some of the ones I saw came in boxes, some were loose. Nothing had instructions and kids just picked them up and started playing with them. Looks like oil is the way to take them out. Wow, ceramic bearing on a junk toy, what a waste.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ceramic bearing has to be the 35$ model. 213$ and you can have a whole set with interchangeable center pieces. Some one is fidget spinning all the way to the bank !! Year round world wide market with with interchangeable/replaceable parts. Brilliant !!!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well, missed another opportunity to get rich, someone saw it and did a George Carlin "Nail two items together that have never been nailed together before and some schmuck will buy it!" Tri-lobe plastic with bearing in the center, mass china produced, cheap, everyone buys, has to have, kids go nuts, sell millions and after the first year, your rich and don't care any longer. And the rest of have another piece of junk to find while looking for the real gold.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the ultimate in total nonsense.
trendalert-grills-with-built-in-fidget-spinners-f-56-5-17-2017-12-45-21539219.png
My friend showed me this.... unbelievable!

KJP462

Jun 22, 2016
PA
Detector(s) used
White's MX Sport,
White's MX5,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most entertaining thread I've read all day! I'm not even 30 yet, but when I grew up, ADHD was fixed real quick via discipline from Dad....not with some goofy fidget spinner.

haxor

Aug 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its for those dullards that can't color inside the lines.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It was almost on the right track and then... BAM! Derailed again by the haters and the perpetually miserable.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine must be cheap, no where near that. It was in the salt water though. Think I should oil it !!! Lol. I know I know dont oil it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread