Field hits again, Second day in a row!! 1817..........

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
After yesterdays success with the CT Copper i decided to head out to the field again. I was there about a hr when i got a soso hit that read dime/quarter to garbage. I dug down and there was a better quarter hit repeading, but not real banging like coins do. I dug some more and the signal vanished. I figured it was a nail and pinpointed something on the side wall. As i dig the dirt out a see that nice copper look disc. As a reach in a see lady liberty. A 1817 Large cent in real nice condition was in my hand. I also dug some weird iron piece, and a older spoon. The coin was straight up and down. thats why the signal was kinda screwy. Any info on the other items ( Age, What the rounded thing is) would be good. thanks for looking
Keith

Attachments

• DSC01714.JPG
    DSC01714.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 872
  • DSC01715.JPG
    DSC01715.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 862
  • DSC01716.JPG
    DSC01716.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 871
  • DSC01717.JPG
    DSC01717.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 870
  • DSC01718.JPG
    DSC01718.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 861
  • DSC01719.JPG
    DSC01719.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 869
  • DSC01720.JPG
    DSC01720.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 857
  • DSC01721.JPG
    DSC01721.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 862
Upvote 0

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I found an 1818 Coronet cent two weeks ago. Nice job on that coppa!

Is this field producing coppas in one general location?

Kyle

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Colonial Zoyboy said:
I found an 1818 Coronet cent two weeks ago. Nice job on that coppa!

Is this field producing coppas in one general location?

Kyle

Its produced over 20 coppas inn 5-6 months all in different area. There are some hot spots where 3,4,and 5 have been dug. where i got the last two has been one of the hotter spots. Ive learned though that unlike before when the signals would Bang so loud you couldnt not dig them. Now you reall have to listen, and b/c of all the iron dig anything remotely decent. I have found atleast 3 LC that had a nail or spike on top of them blocking out the better signal i would have gottne had they nit been there,

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice large cent! lol, and people yell at ME for digging huge holes....

lol its all good...congrats on the coin, HH!

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never get tired of seeing these on today's finds, very cool! This has to be one of the best condition early 1800's that I have ever seen. Congratulations on a fantastic find. :)

HH, Mark

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
christ-first said:
been detecting for 33 years and still looking for my first large cent. nice one !!! :thumbsup:

keep pluggin away. they will come. I find they pop up in bunches

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Nate in Ohio said:
Nice large cent! lol, and people yell at ME for digging huge holes....

lol its all good...congrats on the coin, HH!

yea i know LOL in this perticular spot i dont have to worry about making a mess so im less careful. Also since the signals are getting weaker and less solid its much harder to pinpoint. But if i keep gettin LC like i have been il dig the hole place up LOL
Thanks

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great looking LC, old and beautiful, definitely on my wish list. WTG Keith :thumbsup:
Glenn

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I like the size of the hole, no chance of scratching your find, lol.

Awesome field - you just never know which spots will produce. Thanks for sharing.

Jason

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Formula1BMW said:
Nice coin, and nice hole too! ;D
crazyjarhead said:
Great finds. I thought I dug big holes :laughing7:
JasonB said:
I like the size of the hole, no chance of scratching your find, lol.

Awesome field - you just never know which spots will produce. Thanks for sharing.

Jason

LOL you damn right. I obviously am much more neat with my holes when i need to be. And believe it or not im actually pretty good at pinpointing. However, when the area is open to big holes when less care is needed, il dig big enough so my finds dont get scratched. Believe it or not ive never scratched a coin.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The large cent is a nice find . Because the spoon was there makes me think the other thing is the part that drops down on old can openers . Maybe laying around there someplace . Any date on the spoon ? I dont know what year the can openers were invented but if thats what it is might give you some time period of when the coin was lost. Someone sat there and ate a can of peaches. If you find the rest of it and the can let us know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions