field report

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fed District 10 is bare. I've been to nearly every bank in my city and they all can only order $1k bags of halves, no boxes. I've been through a LOT of bags and nothing.

I was over at my Dad's last night. He has a good friend who is president of one of the local banks. My Dad asked him about halves in boxes vs bags. They guy said Loomis services this area and gets everything from the Fed. It's all bags, there are no half boxes anymore.

I know some of you all are getting boxes, think it's a Fed District thing?

Wrapped up filling (except for the 40% slots) my daughter's Whitman folders for 63-03 halves last night. I'm done with halves. Might not be the area for it. Who knows?

Off to try dimes.

Upvote 0

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How many bags have you looked through? Maybe its a skunk streak and you need to get past it?

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
yea i think its a skunk streak that will break soon -_- please dont do dimes

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fed District 10 is bare. I've been to nearly every bank in my city and they all can only order $1k bags of halves, no boxes. I've been through a LOT of bags and nothing.

I was over at my Dad's last night. He has a good friend who is president of one of the local banks. My Dad asked him about halves in boxes vs bags. They guy said Loomis services this area and gets everything from the Fed. It's all bags, there are no half boxes anymore.

I know some of you all are getting boxes, think it's a Fed District thing?

Wrapped up filling (except for the 40% slots) my daughter's Whitman folders for 63-03 halves last night. I'm done with halves. Might not be the area for it. Who knows?

Off to try dimes.

Boxes do not come from the Fed. The coin couriers (Lommis, Brinks, Garda, etc) orders coin from the Fed when needed, and it comes in bags. Its the coin couriers that box them.

Regular circulating coins (quarters and smaller) have to be put into rolls for businesses, but halves do not. It looks like your local Loomis system has decided to skip the unnecessary expense of wrapping and boxing halves by just leaving/putting them in bags. I would expect this to catch on with many coin couriers depending on what type of feedback they receive.

OP
OP
TheMcs

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Arkie, that explains what I was questioning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread