Fiendish Friday

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
So we went to the local ancient park, where my gear and rear no longer serve me so well. Took Fiend through a workout on a hill climb around the back of the pool. Mighty thick, high angle, slippery when wet, etc...

I should have let him do all the digging though, now I'm feeling it. Didn't break any oldie marks unless you think of the early sixties as old and we passed on lots of clad looking for the deepies but went unrewarded. Got a few odds and ends, well odds anyway. Alas poor Mushie, we hardly, if at all, knew ya.

Attachments

• Wingding.gif
    Wingding.gif
    291.6 KB · Views: 145

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
lol @ Mushie.

I'm glad you guys took advantage of this seasonally mild weather. The last couple of days have looked great, aside from the light drizzle and mist, but I was at work, school, and here, studying my brains out for school.

Between you two, did you find any interesting coins? Nice digs.

Joe

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Nope, I was only digging the stuff off the top because I just can't do it w/o a scream and a wince. TF got as much clad as he wanted, but left me plenty as there is plenty there. The religious medallion, seems might be Greek writing on it?

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
It sure looks Greek.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - Today was funny... I have never seen a steeper hill in all of IL. The imagine it covered with trees and vines and brush. Not to mention it was very very slippery and had large garbage (bikes, couches, ect) all over it. On top of that, imagine a guy recovering from a blown back and another guy that still has stitches in 4 places trying to tackle this hill, not to detect the hill, but to try to get to the other side... LOL It was an adventure!!! I wound up getting a few dollars in change and I found an old bottledump (that needs to be investigated) and an eyeball find, a 1946d wheatie on the surface and a new skeleton key... :thumbsup:

Today I couldn't find a nickel to save my life!!! Whenever the ground is dry I pull nickels everytime, but when it is wet it is like the nickels place different. I wanted to wrap my SE around a tree!!! ;D

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Trade ya some bottles for that SE......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread