filed my claim with the govt -wish me luck

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well couldn't stand it any longer--broke down and call the state guys to file my cliam --**moates the florida state guy in charge of all "listed" claims stated he had no pre 1769 wreck sites listed there--and that I should check with the states local area guy **sam turner in st. augustine to double check well i did--turner stated that he also had no pre 1769 wreck site listed in the area --he then asked "do you have any wreakage or cargo from the wreak?" I told him no because its in a "protected zone" and that removing anything from the zones illegal--he the said so how can you "prove it?" --I told him easy its "exact" spot is clearly marked on two differant historical maps one from 1769 and another from 1778 that I have--he sputtered a bit saying can you send a copy proving it ? I said sure--so I coped them, and they are on the way to him right now overnight mail along with a copy of my nautical science degree and a letter stating that I am "claiming" the wreck site due to it being a "open" unclaimed site--I've got nothing to lose since the sites in a state "protected zone" that I cannot legally get to and if done ilegally I could go to jail --I might as well roll the dice and see what happens worse case --I can write a good book about the find. wish me luck think I'm going to need it---Ivan

Upvote 0

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Ivan,
I hope all the best, and that you get rights to get into the area and pickup some good items.

If you get permission to go ahead with the site,take lots of documentitive pictures and write a journal of each days happenings.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Dimeman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you all the luck in the world. You never know about these things. If I was younger I'd offer my services just for the fun of it again.

Good Luck,
Sandman

capt_t

Dec 27, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
ivan,,,,seen that you posted this in the "finds thread" also , so I will re-post here also

this "protected zone" its not a underwater archaeological site is it? if so you might have real problems. read the link posted below and it might give you some insite. if nothing else its good reading about cannon theft in st. auguestine.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/080499/met_2A1CANNO.html

I wish you the best of luck, not fun fighting with the state
capt_t

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions