Fill Your.......

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
------- Holes!

Let me start out with the good news. I did a early morning hunt at DT, found a few penny's, old door chime, plated spoon, "38 Remington" spent rifle casing, a misshaped marble and a shiny flat button.
0412.jpg
0412-2.jpg

Now to the bad news, about 1hr into the hunt, I turn the corner to hunt a stream bank, Ouch! fell into some idiot's unfilled holes...I hobbled out 2 1/2 miles to my car while my ankle was swelling and drove myself to the ER. Come to find out that I have a hairline fracture in my ankle. That being said, if I ever run into the J/A who isn't filling his holes....well, he wouldn't be making it home for dinner..
fill.jpg
Fill2.jpg

Upvote 7

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ouch! At least you found some good finds! I've had the same problem.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I mean really are people that lazy?
Unfortunately most people are that lazy and the rest are just ignorant! Sorry you had that happen. Some people should have their a**es kicked

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I should plant a few game cam's so I can catch the bastage..
Maybe you should dig an 8' deep hole with spikes in the bottom and cover it with small branches and leaves :-) ok I'm just kidding. I would never condone violence

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get better soon. I hope the JA who didn't fill the hole falls into one of his own. Makes the rest of us look bad. And the hobby as well. Get better soon.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get better soon. I hope the JA who didn't fill the hole falls into one of his own. Makes the rest of us look bad. And the hobby as well. Get better soon.

Thanks guys, it means more than you know!

A couple of other locations I hunt also have unfilled holes, I think it maybe the same dooshe. This guy is going to ruin it for us in the Hudson Valley, Rockland county in particular.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a lazy person to a point, I mean how long does it take to put the dirt back in? I fill my holes, just don't vacuum my house, ha lol
Dog hair everywhere!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good finds there.

Sorry about your ankle !!!

I always fill every hole,.....even the ones on the salt beaches close to high water...the tide will fill em .. but is habit just so that anyone walking on the shore won,t see the mess.
Cousin ED who just stared this year detecting fills all his holes....and I find myself going by where he is digging a lot just to be sure that he is filling them and not making a mess....lol.

On land I dig a little bit bigger hole than is necessary and make it a 3 sided plug with a flap still attached....too easy....if your good at pinpointing then you will hardly be able to tell that a hole was dug. Also...the bigger plugs are much better here...the skunks can,t pull them back out as easy.

Went to this one spot last year..thought that if I made my plugs as small as possible would be best way to do it......decided to return to the same spot 5 days later...glad I did....every plug was pulled back out ....every one of them !!!! Couldn,t believe it...I was horrified...if they had seen it I woulda got kicked out for sure. Now everytime I hunt I,m left wondering if the skunks are making me look bad.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only forgot to fill my hole in once and this happened.... image-3062327025.jpg :)
Sorry to hear about the ankle. Good finds though. My biggest fear is making a stupid move and getting a stick in the eye when I do some far back woods hunt sites.

Attachments

• image-1923831108.jpg
    image-1923831108.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kindly ole pastor broached the same subject with me today. He'd never seen anyone digging in the church grounds before and he, very kindly, brought up the subject of dangerous holes in the ground. He wasn't denying me just voicing a concern he had, so I showed him the clad coins I had found today. (you'll have to check my post today to understand this).

He said WOW! I told him I'd dug a hole for every one of those coins and then waved my hand back across the yard. Indicating where they came from, he looked, walked around, then came back to me and said with a wink, "Nuff said!" I went back to hunting. :)

The ones who leave holes like that don't give one iota that it might impact someone else or even, himself! They need subtle kick in the head. Maybe then, they'll wake up. :dontknow:

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch ... I haven't stepped in any Craters Yet But some Woodchuck did something to Me last year similar sounding . I Posted on here about finding a Silver Cross pendant at a local park, Went back a few days later just w/ My Little Dog "Duke" and Right in the Middle of a Soccer Field were a bunch of Hole's that looked like someone dug half way to China then covered back up leaving a huge mound of dirt "No Grass Plug" visible ...

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even though I was joking about the sink hole picture everyone seriously needs to fill in their holes.

diggyboy

Jun 10, 2013
I just hit an church site from the early 1900s yesterday and the same thing happened! The plugs were about 2 feet wide and they were barely buried he left mud and boulders laying all over the place around his holes it made me so mad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread