Filled a hole in my Kennedy book

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Been a long time since I found anything postworthy- everything is so commonplace, few here and there. But last night I was able to fill another hole in my Kennedy book- got the '95s silver proof. It came from one box out of 5 I searched last night- the other 4 boxes skunks. Anyways here is a pic. HH Mark
DSCN1640_edited.jpg

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Congratulations on the find! I too use these to fill the holes in the little guy's half dollar folder. Even though the coins are "distressed", it's pretty cool that the price is right!

Happy hunting!

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I love my books- figure when they're full the game will be over. My Kennedy is only lacking the 70s, all but 5 of the newer silver proofs and the 2008s clad. My Franklin book only needs the dreaded '55 and 49s, has been that way for awhile (LJ offered to trade with ME to fill it but I told her I have to find them, nothing goes into these unless I find them). Couple weeks ago my parents bought ME a Walker book for my bday. Looks like the game will continue indefinately now haha. HH Mark

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
You'll need a Dansco 8166. This is the one that says "Kennedy Half Dollars - including proof-only issues". They sell a very similar one that does not have space for the proofs, so make sure you do not get that one. I think they cost around $20-30, but they're well worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread