Final missing post:3/24: The Case of the 1am 1935 Quarter with the Hiding Spell on it

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
March 24th, I found the 1935 quarter with the "hiding" spell on it, at 1 am caddy corner to my dad's house

If you've read my posts from 2011 and 2012, then you know that I found a lot of treasure at my dad's house, in fact, that's what got me into metal detecting. Well, right caddy corner to his house is another block with a lovely wide grass swale abutting a 1925 and a 1950 home. I'd searched that swale at least twice, and probably several times, and found only a few wheaties (besides clad and mems). I got the idea that it was barren.

But when I got the yen to metal detect at 1am, and didn't want to drive anywhere, I decided it was worth another shot...and all my prejudices against those houses and their swales disappeared.

BTW, I did another late, late night hunt on that swale this weekend, and found 2 more Mercs:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/354103-2-zombie-hunts-neighbors-swale-3am-scare-up-mercury-dimes.html

Upvote 1

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Vid.

congrats on the silver quarter Scaupus :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions