Finally a score at the other store!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thrift store I always bought stuff that gold jewelry Especially said no more gold. It would only be silver from now on. I went in there today and the lady was putting out jewelry and she goes I put some new Silver down in the case if you want to go check it out. They have this necklace in there Marked $34. She said it's a good Valentine's Day present! I said is too expensive for Sterling with gold overlay though. Pull out my loop, Chain and pendant marked 14k! I decided that my mother might like it though!! Lol. Not bad, 2.3 grams!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-1561272160.jpg

Small diamond chip too.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thrift store I always bought stuff that gold jewelry Especially said no more gold. It would only be silver from now on. I went in there today and the lady was putting out jewelry and she goes I put some new Silver down in the case if you want to go check it out. They have this necklace in there Marked $34. She said it's a good Valentine's Day present! I said is too expensive for Sterling with gold overlay though. Pull out my loop, Chain and pendant marked 14k! I decided that my mother might like it though!! Lol. Not bad, 2.3 grams!

I wonder if she knew and that's why it was marked so high?

I've had a similar situation except.. unfortunately the opposite. A woman was showing me "gold necklaces" that were nothing more than gold over silver. Maybe if I run into them again I'll get lucky and find a white gold necklace.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if she knew and that's why it was marked so high?

I've had a similar situation except.. unfortunately the opposite. A woman was showing me "gold necklaces" that were nothing more than gold over silver. Maybe if I run into them again I'll get lucky and find a white gold necklace.

Normally all their stuff is been super overpriced anyways. I was really surprised to find something that was worth buying

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the thrift store I mainly go to keeps raising prices higher and higher. Luckily they have sales and groupons otherwise I may hardly ever get anything. They have a small handful of sterling there now, but even half off I can't touch it. If it was in better condition/more appealing, maybe. I just have to try and wait for it to go on sale to buy it under spot.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the thrift store I mainly go to keeps raising prices higher and higher. Luckily they have sales and groupons otherwise I may hardly ever get anything. They have a small handful of sterling there now, but even half off I can't touch it. If it was in better condition/more appealing, maybe. I just have to try and wait for it to go on sale to buy it under spot.
Do these pieces have a makers mark? Mayabe there is some hidden value as jewelry?

jbc465

Sep 7, 2013
Nice find. I have always driven by the Thrift stores but never stopped. I going to have to start checking them out.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do these pieces have a makers mark? Mayabe there is some hidden value as jewelry?

I was hoping so, but I didn't see any makers marks. It is all wearable, I suppose, but I'm not sure that it is so appealing.

There are two solid sterling cuff? bracelets and a herringbone type bracelet. One cuff is marked Sterling and has a small black stone in it. The setting that is holding the stone is a little out of shape and the stone is noticeably scratched. It also only weighs a few grams.. I think 8 at most. The other cuff weighs about 14 grams and is marked 925. It appears to be in decent shape, has no stones and no bends from what I can tell. The herringbone bracelet was really light, maybe 3-4 grams, and is stamped 925 italy. The prices are $15 on the three pieces currently. If I use a groupon I can pay $15 for $30 of store credit.. essentially cutting the costs of the items in half. I'd be paying about spot for the second cuff bracelet.. which isn't terrible given that it's probably also the best piece for resale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread