Finally another Omega, and a score in months! 😊

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scored this vintage constellation at a sale today. It's a 1970s Cal 751. It was in a bag with other watches, including this nice Seiko diver. Neither one runs, but will take to watchmaker for service. I was having a frustrating dry spell, but finally came through on the otherside. Thank you for your feedback and comments. 20210717_200802.jpg 20210717_200725.jpg 20210717_200504.jpg 20210717_200439.jpg 20210717_200745.jpg 20210717_143459.jpg 20210717_143443.jpg 20210717_143402.jpg I appreciate them.

artslinger

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golly Gee Wiz I was beginning to worry about when you'd find another Classic Vintage Omega Watch. Seems like you were never gonna find an other. Sure must be a relief to finally add another to the many you have already ready found.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golly Gee Wiz I was beginning to worry about when you'd find another Classic Vintage Omega Watch. Seems like you were never gonna find an other. Sure must be a relief to finally add another to the many you have already ready found.
Hahahaha! Excellent sarcasm and reflected my thoughts exactly.

Seriously Awesome finds though.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, this one hurts me even though you made a killer score.

I was at a garage sale on Saturday and was able to forage through some boxes sitting in the driveway nobody seemed interested in. After digging deep i was able to find a men's jewelry valet that was completely filled with watches/trinkets. One of the watches was an Omega! The owner wanted to see what i had found but wouldn't sell me the box (it was his late fathers things) so i understood but it dampened the mood for a few hours.

Nice find for sure!! My consolation prize that day was a Hamilton Automatic swiss movement and Bulova Accutron Railroad from the late 1960s. Both work great but need some serious cleaning.

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, this one hurts me even though you made a killer score.

I was at a garage sale on Saturday and was able to forage through some boxes sitting in the driveway nobody seemed interested in. After digging deep i was able to find a men's jewelry valet that was completely filled with watches/trinkets. One of the watches was an Omega! The owner wanted to see what i had found but wouldn't sell me the box (it was his late fathers things) so i understood but it dampened the mood for a few hours.

Nice find for sure!! My consolation prize that day was a Hamilton Automatic swiss movement and Bulova Accutron Railroad from the late 1960s. Both work great but need some serious cleaning.

That definitely would have been an incredible score. Those really annoy me, why bring the stuff out if you're not going to sell it, and why don't they go through their stuff prior to the sale? Some people just don't care and just want things gone. Keep looking for them, they are out there. I know that if I don't get them someone else will, or Goodwill, will! I bought the whole bag for $5. I can't wait for next weekend! Great score still on that Hamilton and Accutron. Good luck to you on your next outing.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To his defense, it wasn't part of the sale. The boxes were off to the side and looked pretty ratty. I assume the contents were in the boxes for some time and had been hauled out with the rest of the stuff. I was warned that not all of it was for sale but could dig if i wanted since they hadn't sorted through all of it.

I don't mind one bit. If it was his dads personal effects, they shouldn't be sold and what i saw confirmed that 100%. (watches, old sport event ticket stubs, pictures, cufflinks, a dried flower). The box i did get contained the watches, (1) 14K charm and (2) gold crowns so i'm happy enough for the few bucks i spent.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome omega with the original bracelet! Well done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread