Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally at peace with a water detector that doesn't leak

Well I was going to hold off after getting the bhid that fried and then the cz21 that ate the dust, but I couldn't wait so I figured why not the excal. I really loved the cz21 until its untimely death, but I gotta say, I feel at home with the excal, I already use the sovereign so its not much of a reach for me. Now getting slammed by waves that it going to take some time to get use to. The finds were not much today, but I did come to the conclusion that I need a larger long handle sandscoop, and also I was questioning my decesion on buying the anderson straight shaft, but after today, I can't wait to get it in.
The cutie in the dolphin photo is my oldest...she's 14

Upvote 0
S

someotherdude

Re: Finally at peace with a water detector that doesn't leak

Happy to see you finally got your water machine TKG. Can't wait to see you pullin some cool jewelery. :thumbsup:

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston

Excal 800? I assume...Nice machine ........I tried an aluminum scoop, but it was too lite for me. It broke. Now have a stainless steel one .MUCH heavier..... Might be too heavy for a lady......... but a longhandled scoop is necessary for water hunting....
As far as how deep you go, 90% of my finds are around knee deep or shallower, on low tide.
Good to see you finally having fun. HH Gayle

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

its the excal II with the 10", yeah the scoop I have works fine in shallow water and on the sand but in the water I need something else. The targets I was hitting was chest deep and the scoop was underwater. My brother has a heavy duty ss scoop that is a monster to carry but very effective in the water.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am glad to see you also got a machine that finally works. When you said you 14 year old I thought at first you were talking about the avaitar........

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Me to Bill . Welcome to the excall gang, COTTON

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008

Good to see you hung in there even with the leakys. :thumbsup:

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Don't get me started on the Cz21 . Fisher must have a quality control problems these days. My 21 is making the trip to tx on Monday for service ... But glad to see your out hunting, I have a 48 inch handle on my water scoop lot easier on the back Good luck ... guzz1

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FloridaBill said:
I am glad to see you also got a machine that finally works. When you said you 14 year old I thought at first you were talking about the avaitar........

lol no my daughter is 14 yrs old

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Hey Bill Im glad she didn't go with the excalIII stick with the II :thumbsup: :thumbsup: guzz1

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

guzz1 said:
Hey Bill I'm glad she didn't go with the excalIII stick with the II :thumbsup: :thumbsup: guzz1

Yes I agree the ex cal. lll might be too much for a woman, Cotton I thought you went to South Beach?

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Judging from that brontosaurus it must be an old beach. How deep do you go into the water? In shallow water hunting I only go in up to my waist and bend over to scope the sand. It was easier to find the target with the long Handel off. A shorter Handel seems to work better for accuracy in finding the target and I don't have to step on it to dig in to the sand.

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf

Finally a detector that works for you, so now there's nothing stopping you, oh except a longer handled scoop, a couple of gold rings will pay for that!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Good luck with the new machine txkickergirl, looking forward to seeing your finds WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Great pictures and good finds. Of course I "snagged" the one with your hunting for my slide show. You DON'T look any older than your daughter! HOW DO YOU DO IT? Heh heh heh must be all that MD'ing keeping you young.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks all, it was very frustrating as Bill knows to go through 2 machines and both leak right off especially when you talk about the price tagt hat is attached to these machines. I am just glad that 3rd times a charm and I can now get down to serious detecting now.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are a flock of them

we are waiting for the beach to open back up from a storm last week - all excals.

Attachments

• O76089.jpg
    O76089.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 314

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007

Congrats on the Excal. May have just been your destiny to have that detector.I love the Excal,and
don't think I can go back to any other.The electronics are the best,and all the different adustments
make it a very versatile machine.Just bought a new Garrett pulse,but think I may have to sell it
and buy another Excal with the 8"coil to go with my 1000.One for the beach and wading,and
one for diving.I guess I got spoiled with the ML Sov.,and now I don't want to use anything else.
I think you'll be happier with that one than any of the others.Just too bad about the frustration
you went through.Glad you toughed it out.May you have many great finds.HH joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread