finally back to stay

L

lancemxt2006

hey guys, its been awhile since Ive posted on the forum. I'm sorry about all that but don't think i forgot about everyone. i go on the forum and look at your finds everyday at school on my free time. i screwed up my account because i forgot my password cause i left it on "stay logged on forever" and it didn't stay on forever and i forgot my password and couldn't get my email to work... it was a big mess but now i have it together and I'm not messing it up this time.

in the first pic are the best finds from the last hunt i did. there is a sterling silver butterknife handle with the initials EMM in old English at the top of the handle. the other hunk of silver is a solid sterling silver belt buckle, the first one that i have ever found that was actually silver and it has the initials CZS on the front.

in the second pic is the finds i made this weekend. the find of the weekend for me was the pilot award from ww2 its solid sterling and its about 3 inches in the wing span and has a propeller through the wings.

these are most of the finds from the past two hunts. hope you all like them and ill keep posting.

sorry for all the miss-hap's

HH lance

Attachments

• last hunts big silver.jpg
    last hunts big silver.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 358
  • weekend finds test 1.jpg
    weekend finds test 1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds lance!!Welcome back,I missed your posts and look forward to more in the NEAR future.Good luck and HH.

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks alot jim. i look forward to bring more post and im also looking forward to see what you and everyone else is going to unearth over time. HH lance

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks jake... umm im pretty sure that it is a old spark plug, but im not 100%.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Welcome back Lance,

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks alot lonewolfe. I'm happy to be back. i wouldn't be posting if it weren't for my brother jer cause he gave me his old scanner when he got a new one this week. HH to you to.

lance

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Go to have you back Lance. I was gone for a year myself! I missed being here some much.

That's a really nice collection of goodies you got there. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Happy Hunting,

Moon

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
hey is that a 1909 or a 1909 s? the s's are worth quite a bit the mint mark is under the leaf on the backside

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks again everyone. its not a 1909 s i checked lol i was hoping for a s on it but were i live i hardly ever get any coins with mint marks. I'm glad to be back. you guys are really showing me alot of support and i appreciate it alot...

HH to all> thanks again, lance

R

rvbvetter

Very nice finds!!! No VDB on the back of the 1909 wheat? Some of those old spark plugs were quite large. Welcome back. WTG!! HH

HEADHUNTER

Aug 30, 2005
North Central,PA
What a nice selection of fins..Is that a oxford silver plate spoon..
I found one of the the other night...Im kinda new here..
But glad to see you back with a great forum...

Happy hunting ...Headhunter

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
The Aluminum tokens were pretty popular back in the day. I found one at the only old house in my neighborhood while hunting with my daughter. After getting it home and cleaning it (i originally thought it was a toy badge or something which I thought would be cool to have) I saw writing stamped around the edges. As it turns out they were made by a machine in the local 5 and Dime store near where I live. The next amazing thing was that after 50 years of being in the ground I found this Love token that had my ex-mother in laws maiden name on it then the word LOVES and then my father in laws name. On the star in the middle it says good luck and the flag on the oppsite side. Big find as far as sentimental value. Thanks for sharing you pic.

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks guys. there is no vdb on the wheatie but i have found one with a vdb. I'm still looking for the VDB S but i dont think ill ever find one. yeh the aluminum tokens were made like that i guess you could go into a store and get what ever you want on the token. i found both of them at the same spot in the same day so that leaves me to believe that they are pretty common. '

thanks for the replies everyone.

HH lance

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is cool that you found a 1909 Indian Head and Wheatie. Kind of like reliving a historical change. Nice finds.

Ed

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
man! those are some great finds lance!! awesome job! im glad you are back up and running....welcome back.

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks once more guys. i found the 1909 wheatie and the 1909 indian together and thought the same thing as you Ed...

HH lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions