Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking this weekend it is odd I have not found a half dollar yet this year. Last year I dug 102 silver coins and 6 of them were halves. Before today I was at 56 silver and still no halves!!!!

Well today I hunted an old farm, starting hitting deep clad all over, not a good sign, but I hit a few wheats and thought silver had to be close. Well it was,....... finally I got a silver half this season!!! a 1945 walker. Nabbed 2 silver rosies there as well. Decent little farm yard. :hello2:

After that, the sun was still shining...rain was coming soon, so I headed back to the lot where last fall my buddy and I dug 3 half dollars, he got a seated and a barber half and I dug a frankling half. It was real dry then and now the ground is saturated so I wanted to try it with wet ground. First target was a solid 14-45, I turn 90 degrees and nothing just null. So I try TTF and same thing, it was a one way signal. I dug anyhow and was rewarded with a nice looking merc dime. :thumbsup:

Then I got a scratchy one way hit 06-30 about 7 inches. I dig, and first thing out of the hole was a large nail. But underneath it was 2 indians, 1883, and 1887...sweet! :laughing7:
Got 2 more deep wheats and the rain came....need to get back to that lot to check all the iffy signals out!

DSC01007.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME hunting bro!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love that Walker, she's a bewt!!! Nice group of coins to go with her :icon_thumright:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking walker. You sure are doing great......Matt

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007