Finally broke my 4 month silver drought...

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
But not in the form of a coin! :(

Went to a new place I got permission to hunt that dates to the turn of the century.

The tag is marked "Sterling" with initials across the midle part... they didn't show up in the scan. This thing was folded over itself pretty bad. I was careful not to damage it by unfolding it. I initially thought it was just wadded foil, but it felt too heavy and looked too nice to be just foil. Pretty cool find.

The locket thingie appears to have had four stones in the holes across the face. Neat find that I like as well.

The other thing looks like a compact cover. Too light to have been part of a pocket watch, which was my original thought. Ideas?

Finally, the only two cents I recovered. Both Memorials (1962 and 1979). I am disappointed in the lack of coins from this place, but today was my first day there, and pretty much went for the obvious spots since my time was limited.

I'll be back there for sure!

Attachments

• 052205finds.jpg
    052205finds.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Very cool. That thin silver piece that was folded looks like something that would be behind a drawer pull. Nice finds!

vicki

F

Floater

I Love the silver Congratulations on the end of the Drought. HH

OP
OP
B

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Thanks folks!

That thin silver piece that was folded looks like something that would be behind a drawer pull.

Actually, with the "monogram" being inscribed on it, I was thinking along the lines of something that might have been on a cherised book... possibly a bible or something? It is very thin, and was certainly attached to soemthing... still can't make out the initials, although I'm pretty sure that one is a "T" (not that it means anything just yet).

Happy Hunting all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread