Finally broke my dry spell!

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Alright! I was able to go hunting for a little while to day and wasn't finding much. I was going to meet the girlfriend for lunch and she called right when I set foot in the creek. I told her I was leaving and hung up, but I walked a little anyway. Then I found this big hunk of flint. I'm not sure on type yet, but man is it nice. I'll post more info on it later. I have to go to a wake right now so maybe tonight. Thanks for looking and HH.
badandy

Attachments

• P9120295.JPG
    P9120295.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 320
  • P9130296.JPG
    P9130296.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 312
  • P9130297.JPG
    P9130297.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
OP
OP
badandy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Thanks everybody! Cannonman, I don't know of any Bentons ever being found in this area,but there is a first for everything. I cleaned it up some and found that it's been heat treated. I took pics. of it before and after, but I want to see how the after pics. come out in daylight before I post'em. This point is a tribute to my friend that passed on the 11th. I'm calling it the "Patty Point".
badandy

A

Atlantis0077

Morning....

Man I would say you did break the spell. That is a class point.....dont find many of that size around here for sure. Sorry to hear about your friend, but at least you have a nice memories to associate the point with.

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Very nice Andy.....sorry for your loss...Maybe someday I will find one so nice. Some of you guys have great eyes for points.

Dave

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
Nice point Andy! I dont know how you manage to control youself and take a picture before you pick it up. I always say I am going to do that but as soon as I see one I cant help myself!

Alan

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
HELL YES!

That's what I like to see!!!!!

That is a beautiful point anthony. Amazing...
You need to get out in that creek more often.

Keep your eyes on the ground.

xStevenx

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy,

Awesome find...a wonderful tribute to your friend.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread