Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FINALLY Broke My Large Cent Drought!

Craig and I got out for a few hours to one of our farm field permissions. There was a couple old houses on this spot at one time. One appears to have been pretty early and the other was from the 1890s or so. In the last month, we have pulled quite a few wheats, a silver Washington Quarter, a silver Rosie, a Shield Nickel, a Seated Quarter, and a Morgan Dollar from this site along with a number of Civil War relics. With all of the early relics, I figured that there had to be at least ONE Large Cent somewhere. Unfortunately this place was occupied by some VERY messy people until the house was torn down last year. The whole place is covered with shredded cans, car parts, and other junk. We had been there for about 4 hours and Craig had to leave. He had given me a token that he found earlier to put in my padded case, so I was working my way back to the truck to give it back to him. I got a really scratchy signal that was bouncing from the 60s to the 80s on the AT Pro. I could see a pull tab on the ground, so I picked it up and the signal was still there. Now it was reading in the mid 80s. I figured it was a quarter, but thought "this might be my large cent...". I was right!! I saw a large, black disc in the hole and knew right away that it was a copper. It turned out to be an 1827! She isn't pretty, but she's beautiful to me! It's been about 8 years since I've found a Large Cent. I told myself that it was the one coin that I HAD to find this year. Now I need to find a Half Cent :tongue3:. Thanks for looking and HH!

PF

Attachments

• lc3.jpg
    lc3.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 96
  • lc4.jpg
    lc4.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 69
  • lc5.jpg
    lc5.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 89
  • lc6.jpg
    lc6.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 19

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LC's are always sweet, especially when you haven't seen one for a while- Congrats on the great find!

-- Jeff --

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and she looks very beautiful to me! congrats on the awesome find:headbang:

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also agree, that LC is a beauty! Congrats, I bet it made every can and car part dug that day totally worth it!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super find!! Well done!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the LC!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YOU SURE DID.............