Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, after much researching, reading, etc., I finally decided on getting an AT Pro detector. This will be my first detector - but didn't want to be left wanting after a short while.
Plan on ordering tomorrow - but wanted to find out if anyone knows of a dealer who has a military discount. Preferably a well known dealer who will be in business over the long haul. The discount is a win-win - in the short term (I retire next year), i save money. In the long term, I support a company who supports our troops.
I've checked the Big Boys Hobbies, kellyco, and NED site - but didn't see a reference to a military discount.
For those looking, I did find that Minelab is offerring a 15% military discount for the year 2012. It made me really torn between an AT Pro and a Xterra 705. But from reviews (and my belief in waterproofing everything), the AT Pro won out.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you can find a dealer close to where you are at then go their. Most dealers can give up to 20% off without violating their contract with a detector dist.Go to a book store for a metal detecting magazine and look in it for a dealer or go online and type in garrett and find a dealer near you. jusy a thought.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Pro
My next buy... :thumbsup:

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The dealers that sponsor this website are always a good bet, they all have shown their support of the community and likely are good toward customer service. I ordered mine from kellyco. I had some issues with it (i had an earlier model) and its off at garrett right now being repaired. Solid 2 year warranty, so no worries if something should be amiss. The few times I have dealt with kellyco they have always been very good to work with.

I also bought a few things (pro pointer, scoops) from a local dealer, as thats also a good place to spend your money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread