Finally did a bit of roll hunting again today

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello all,

Stopped by the closest branch of my bank to work today after work was done. Asked the teller if she could check the vault to see if any nickles or half dollars were avaliable. She checked her little tray first and said, "I have 2 half dollars here. Ill go check and see if there are more in the back." She locked her drawer and left leaving me wondering what half dollars were in the drawer. She comes back and says, "No halves, but we do have $40 in nickles." Not much, but I took them all and the two halves. So she opens her tray, pulls them out, and lays them down by her. And there I glimpsed a lady with a flag draped over her shoulders walking across the counter to me. 1945s Walking Liberty!!! And if that wasn't great enough, the second half dollar was a 64 Kennedy! My first two 90% halves, and I didnt have to hunt and dump roll after roll.

The nickles produced a few keepers. 1940, 1941-d, and 4 or 5 other pre 1960. Did find 2 canadian nickles, and a Panama coin as well. Also found a 1964 with all 5 steps visible, but they are smudged in places. Does anyone think it is worth hanging onto?

If that were not enough, tonight was the local MD club meeting night. I won 4 out of 6 prizes for finds of the month! Jewelry(its on the banner - 18k diamond ring), Coin(1884s Morgan Dollar), Other(some strange whiskey bottle thingy, about 2 inches tall), and Table(I hunt a lot, had a huge pile of stuff :)) categories! I also won a prize for another event the club does. So at the meeting, I was awarded 4 silver quarters and a 1963 half! So I found and recieved 3 90% halves and 4 silver quarters today ;D.

Cloud 9 is veeeery comfy. Where do you go to apply for residency?
I hope you are all scoring as well.
Anthony

Pictures are:
My coins from the day
The three finds of the month I won for:
The sweet ring
My Morgan
The Whiskey bottle thing - it is about 2 inches tall and weighs 75 grams

Attachments

• whopper1.JPG
    whopper1.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 264