Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it finally came to me why I hunt!

Wednesday I went by the coin shop and bought 8 silver mercury dimes and today I bought 5 Morgan dollars in VF out of the "junk silver" box. My local dealer separates the dollars from the other junk silver and prices by grade. It was ho-hum, I looked at the coins decided on which one and paid the money. No special thrill just a business transaction, you have the money you get the coin.

This past week I went through 3 boxes of halves, Loomis 2 and Brinks 1, and when I found a 40% in each it was "EUREKA" I hit it! There was a rush of victory! I had a serious high, I also found a clad 1976 proof but that didn't compare to the silver.

It is the same rush I got when I tried a slot machine a couple times but you don't lose any money (just time). Now I know I will continue to do it, maybe not every week but often enough to keep the rush coming!

Here's to the "silver rush"!

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRHing stimulates the same part of the brain as cocaine, sex, gambling, refined sugar

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... But you don't have to worry about cardiac arrest, HIV, bankruptcy, or diabetes. That's why we all love it!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... But you don't have to worry about cardiac arrest, HIV, bankruptcy, or diabetes. That's why we all love it!

You do if you believe the people who get upset about the Obama coins :laughing7:

I keed I keed.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and amateur collectors pay me many times FV for errors, war nics., buffs, mercs., and even AU/MS clad!!! made over $100 on 50 cents in error Jefferson cuds and clashes. sitting on over 350 war nics at face value. 1919 Deutsches Reich 10 Pfennig in today's box, with 43P, 43S and a 63 in MS.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
You do if you believe the people who get upset about the Obama coins :laughing7:

I keed I keed.

That's ok, they are taking Jackson off the $20 and putting a significant woman on it, since Michelle is Baracks significant other she has been nominated to be on the $20.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's ok, they are taking Jackson off the $20 and putting a significant woman on it, since Michelle is Baracks significant other she has been nominated to be on the $20.

That's been spoken about by feminazi groups in a petition. Don't expect it to happen. After all, look what that fugly dame Susan B did to the circulation of the dollar coin!

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I think people in this country don't like change especially in coins. However they are getting used to the new designs on the bills BUT they many not take well to a change of portrait. We in this forum know that coins used to change every 25 years, but look at the Lincoln Cent and the Quarter etc, they have been basically the same obverse for years.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Found my first silver nickel and buffalo of the year!

again it is the thrill. I have put together a set of Roosevelts and Franklins both in MS63-MS65 also a set of Walkers and Franklins and 2 sets of Roosevelts all from buying junk silver. The Uncirculated coins are more like a business proposition, you go in with your money and you buy the coins you need based on funds, no real thrill.
Junk silver comes a little closer to CRHing in that you are looking through silver for particular dates and get some thrill finding the date, but nothing like the silver dime I found today in a Garda box of dimes. Woo Hoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions