Finally finding some cool stuff

DirtHead

Greenie
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty new at this and I think I've finally found a good old home site to explore, and it's on public land! It's been there since at least 1912 and it doesn't look like anyone has touched it. I wish I could explore a little more, but the weeds are about as high as my waist making it difficult to swing my detector. Not to mention my allergies were going crazy. I was only there for about 45 minutes and I found a silver spoon from royal plate co. A small little glass bottle. A piece of an old time piece or a clock. And the coolest find being a 1915 pan-pacific eastside beer company advertising token. Apperently, these were given out at the 1915 world's fair in San Francisco to celebrate eastside beer winning first prize in a beer contest.

WP_20150315_16_13_40_Pro.jpgWP_20150315_19_56_16_Pro.jpgWP_20150315_19_56_37_Pro.jpg

These are what they look like in pristine condition

medal_1.jpgmedal_2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Nice finds, man! Hope you can hunt that area some more... =)

Thanks! I'll definitely be hunting it some more. I think I'm going to have to wait until summer when some of the vegetation dies back. IDK, though, I'll probably head back a few times before then just because I'm impatient. The site is actually only about 10 miles from my house. Here I was looking for sites far away and there was one right under my nose!

I think I kind of ruined the token. I tried to clean it up by putting it in a hot solution of vinegar and salt but it just turned it a sort of pink color. I remember cleaning pennies like that when I was a kid, but I guess it doesn't work for all types of metal. I really wish I hadn't done that. Noobie mistake I guess.

Some of my best finds have been from within a ten mile range, so there is good stuff out there, you just have to get your coil over the right spot ! :coffee2:

I lost the little spring inside my garrett pro-pointer button and I'm still under warrenty so I'll probably send that off to be fixed and after that I'll head back. It's been pretty hot here lately. 92F today. So hopefully by the time it gets back some of the weeds will have died off. There's another site nearby that has recently been plowed up and weeded by the county for a new highway that I'd like to check out.

Last edited:
I love the token, such detail! Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back