cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. I dug these at a 1880's home site still in use.

The shot shell is 100+ yrs old and the bracelet is far-out-and-solid!! I could not stop looking at it on the way home and it looks good on my wife's wrist. Not sure if it is silver but the turquoise looks real and every setting is intact. Could be silver plated?? Either way it looks old?? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks for tuning in and my the finds be with you. C9

Attachments

• CL3 07222014 Sht Shl.jpg
    CL3 07222014 Sht Shl.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 122
  • CL3 07222014 Turq Brclt Bk.jpg
    CL3 07222014 Turq Brclt Bk.jpg
    783.6 KB · Views: 172
  • CL3 07222014 Turq Brclt Frnt.jpg
    CL3 07222014 Turq Brclt Frnt.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 165
  • CL3 07222014 Turq Brclt Side.jpg
    CL3 07222014 Turq Brclt Side.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 13
Yeah , I'm pretty sure you've got sterling silver there with genuine turquoise . That has the look of a Native American (Zuni) made
piece circa 1940's -50's . likely made in New Mexico , or Arizona . That's a special find !

(As previously mentioned the piece maybe Navajo , though the Zuni are well known for just this sort
of "clusterwork")

Last edited:
Nice bracelet! Could be a signed piece. Look for the signature scratched on underneath.
Good Luck & HH

Beautiful! My wife owns a number of similar pieces... it's almost certainly silver, and not Zuni, but Navajo (I think). And yeah, look for initials underneath. Congrats!

Edit: okay, so both Zuni and Navajo do that cluster design, so maybe it is Zuni. Heck, what do I know? I'm from Texas... we ain't even technically part of the Southwest. ;)

Last edited:
Looks like silver, just tarnished thats all, put it in some silver cleaner...Nice one..

With a vintage and collectible piece like that , shiny is not better ! - even if you have no intention of selling it ever - the patina is
a vital part of the piece .

Nice find: It looks like Navajo and they almost always worked with silver. I'd take it to a jeweler and have it professionally cleaned and polished, costs about $50 but it's look like new.

nice, please don't remove the patina, gives more value as it is

Turquoise damages easily, so all I would do is wipe the bracelet with a silver polishing cloth. It will just brighten it a bit without removing the patina.

Turquoise damages easily, so all I would do is wipe the bracelet with a silver polishing cloth. It will just brighten it a bit without removing the patina.

Hello SusanMN. Yes that is good advice. My wife makes jewelry, mostly chain mail stuff, and wiping it with a polishing cloth is the first and only thing she did to it.

BTW I like your harder work motto, it's a good one to live by. HH C9.

You would think it would be hard to lose something that big...oh well..thats why we do this, right? congrats on a beauty

Great bracelet finding there , Congrats !!!

I found two pieces of turquoise jewelry and both pieces tested out silver, but they weren't marked.

You would think it would be hard to lose something that big...oh well..thats why we do this, right? congrats on a beauty

Hello BigWaveDave. My sentiments exactly. I bet someone searched long and hard to find it again back in the day. It's always good to find stuff that was lost and not thrown out. Thanks for the reply and HH. C9

Red will love this post, We have been very Busy and we have a few finds Hint Silver HH Chug Red Might post tomorrow!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back