nvstickbow

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started coin roll hunting about a week ago as a way to satiate my treasure hunting urge until my metal detector got here. I went down and bought $200 in halves, found nothing. Traded those I and bought $250 in dimes, nothing. Took those in and bought $390 in halves, skunked again. Now I'm getting a little discouraged but I'm too darn stubborn to quit and I'm actually enjoying the and and know that eventually I'll find silver. I got another box I dimes yesterday and when I went through them today I finally hit silver. Ended up with four silver dimes out of that box. Now I'm totally hooked. Took that box in and exchanged it for another box. We'll see how that goes. I really want halves but I'm having a difficult time finding them.

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good start! Are you picking up and dumping at different branches/banks?

OP
OP
N

nvstickbow

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am picking up in one branch per town and dumping in another. I think that I'm going to order some halves next week. I think that if I could do the number of coins the return may be better. Not sure though.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I am picking up in one branch per town and dumping in another. I think that I'm going to order some halves next week. I think that if I could do the number of coins the return may be better. Not sure though.

Well the numbers will be better, since you look through more coins. They may not be better percentage-wise, but there will be more silver coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions