Finally found something Maybe?!

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently in the Balkans and have searched for a few hours so far over several months when work allows, being the Balkans almost every find is a Beer Bottle Top! the place is covered in Roman History but so far we haven't found anything, a few Yugoslav coins, a lot of aluminium from the local Pašteta (meat paste!) and as of course hundreds of varying Beer Bottle Tops!

Our Interpreter was recently passed land down from her Father and no one has been on this for many years, it is close by an Old Roman Bridge so we had a quick look today after work, I think this could be Bronze but am really not experienced enough to be sure, can anyone shed some light on it, using an AT Gold it was reading in the high 70's...

Many Thanks in advance for any help on ID'ing it...

Cheers!

2014-08-25 16.31.24.jpg 2014-08-25 16.31.34.jpg

Upvote 5

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
this may be one for Crusader, right down his alley

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an early buckle, I would guess at least 250 years old and maybe much older. I would spend more time where you found that piece.

OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Steve, I really had no idea it was even Bronze or aged! Brilliant, we will return next week and check further, Thank you very much...

OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any experts on the Roman Period that could maybe authenticate it as being from that period, it is my first find and if it is actually Roman we will have a good look through those fields and the Roman Bridge...

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool! Good luck . . .

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Go back no matter what, not just if it's Roman.

Good luck, I think you're going to hit something big!

-Lady Liberty is hot stuff...especially on a coin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread