Finally Found The Foundation

sniper19612003

Mar 9, 2005
North East Pennsylvainia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer/ White's MXT
About 35 years ago there was this old man that lived about 1/2 mile down the road where I live. Every other day he would walk up the road with his little back pack heading to the grocery store. He would stop to talk to me when I would be out side in front of my house. He always kept to himself with other people but he would always stop to say hi to me. I though he was a nice ol guy and always gave him the respect by spending time talking to him. Well, time went by and he passed on. The little shack that he lived in was left go and fell down and became over grown by the woods near by. Today after looking around for a week I finally found the foundation where it stood. I know for a fact that the old man never kept his money in a bank cuz I remember that he said he never trusted them. Therefore I have a hunch that I might find something good around there. I also found the well he used for water and possibly the sight where the out house stood. I'll let you know how I make out and I think it should be quite interesting to see what I might find.

Upvote 0

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Sounds like a great spot, especially since it will have meaning to you!

Good luck!

C

cbbrink

Good luck on the finds. Don't let a beep go undug.

CHuck

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome site to hunt, that's got your name written all over it! If you don't mind me adding a few tips on how I would approach the hunt, take a regular garden shovel as you will probably have to dig a bit where the out house was but be careful as there could be some cool old bottles in the bottom. Take a small foldup style hand saw to get through roots. A lot of bending over went on around that well filling buckets and cleaning up. I'd hunt the area in discriminate mode, pick up some goodies and eliminate some trash then go all metal and dig everything, there could be a nice cache in an iron pot burried deep. There should be a trash dump there as well. Do you have a small coil for those tight places? I'm excited for you and look forward to the finds. Good luck and HH, Mike

F

Floater

Sounds Like a great Place Sniper. I would definetly clean up the inside of the foundation and check any brick or block or stone walls that are left for cache's. Then start on the outside of it after that. Keep us informed sounds like a great place and some pics would be nice to see also. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread