Finally getting into the "good stuff" at Loomis and Brinks

Captaindoodle

Feb 10, 2008
Finally getting into the "good stuff" at Loomis and Brinks

Well, I finally got out of the same old recirculated halves I've been seeing from Loomis and Brinks (for years) with the occasional silver mixed in...for the last 3 weeks my pickups have consisted of about 50-60% brand spanking new 94's, 95's, 96's, and 97's. I didn't think my skunks could decline in quality, but oh was I wrong...I've gotten 8 pieces of silver out of my last 32 boxes, and edge searching has now begun to almost require me to wear sunglasses as I stare at handfulls of sparkling clad copper edges...yay!!!

Anyone else been getting buried in "new" old halves?...I guess the influx of new/high volume hunters has finally forced the supply chain to bring some new stock into what has been an essentially closed system in my area.

Any opinions?

HH,
CD

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Finally getting into the "good stuff" at Loomis and Brinks

My last box contained about 20 or so 1971-d and 1972 halves that tricked me for proof coins by face and by edge... and I don't get fooled too much. :laughing9:

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Find a new supplier, stop the brinks and loomis if possible, try Garda and Strings

OP
OP
Captaindoodle

Captaindoodle

Feb 10, 2008

palidin20603 said:
Find a new supplier, stop the brinks and loomis if possible, try Garda and Strings

www.nfstring.com/

The coin processors/armored couriers Loomis and Garda both use "String" wrappers in my area.

See the link above. NF String and Son is a supplier of coin handling supplies and equipment. I don't believe they actually are engaged in courier or coin pickup and delivery

HH,
CD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread