Finally getting the older items

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Went back to a spot I found a few days ago. It seemed promising but was hard to tell what would turn up. Walking down to it I can across the button with the shank still attached. After cleaning it some I can see laurels and the word Extra. There is another word -- '--OUR', but I can't make it out. Also found a 1971 penny. Slow start but a good one.

Found some square nails (expected). Then a few brass hasps to a pack or something. A couple electrical parts from days past. The one item might be for a car/truck (Basco imprinted ont it). What looks to be the part of a lamp for the wick. An old sinker.

Time was running out so I concentrated on signals that were iffy; I ignored the iron altogether. After a while I came across a coin. Didn't want to damage it so put it straight into the pack. Found a bullet, oldish because it was white, rather than the silver lead. Came across a four hole button in a pile which may have been a dump area. I also found a Ford hubcap, which I left because I was digging a target and forgot it. I think I know where it is and will recover it tomorrow.

The coin was the highlight. I was getting antsy because I expected to find large cents or even some Indian heads out there. Nope...nothing. But this coin, which I think is a 1 reale Carolus III, eclipses my oldest find by 71 years (although I found a large cent a number of years ago but it was so fried I couldn't make a date). Now I know I'm in the right spot and will be digging in earnest. Have to thank that person lo those many years ago who left that coin for me.

If anyone can ID the buttons for me I would be grateful.

Attachments

• Found 3292010.jpg
    Found 3292010.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 674
  • Buttons3292010.jpg
    Buttons3292010.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 674
  • Reale1773Front.jpg
    Reale1773Front.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 662
  • Reale1773Back.jpg
    Reale1773Back.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 674
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wwwtimmcp said:
according to diana's buttons the colour buttons are from 1750-1850.

Sure you read that right? There would be nothing anywhere close to 1750.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions