Finally got around to registering

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
HI all,
Have to admit to being a lurker for some time. Been trying to absorb and learn soooooooo much info.

Little back round, I grew up on a farm in SW PA. The farm has been in the family since the 1700's.
From my researching on the history of the area it's pretty big, 4 major Indian tribes, battles from as far back as the French and Indian to the Civil war have been on it's door step. Moonshiners and the KKK even. (and that's personal knowledge) :o

When I was little my Grandfather was my mentor, and told me many a story and showed me so much in the way of tracking and various "signs", smart enough to not tell me what I was looking at, but telling me someday it will be of use. And many of those things I was taught, at the time didn't make a lot of sense, but now some things are starting to click if you get my drift.

Funny how those things stick. I spent my youth combing the lands hunting, not only for game, but also anything else that "stuck out". Each of those things also for some reason have stuck in the old memory banks. Old foundations, furnaces, cemeteries, and certain trees and rocks and such.

When my grandfather passed away I bought the farm, more out of heart then brains. I thought. My Grandfather had always led on about there being more to a place then meets the eye, and my mom had always told me of her dreams of buried riches on the farm. Well I came to find out that there are more then one meaning to what you hear. The farm is a gold mine on it's own, no not real gold, PA gold. Coal and natural gas.

That leads me to now having the time and means to go back and start looking at those old places/signs/rocks, and using them with what I was told and putting two and two, or more, together.

I retired at 50, bought another place in Florida. And that's fine and dandy, I'll leave the Florida treasure for someone else. For me I'm just an old country boy and I think it's time for this country boy to go back and look at the old homestead again.

As for my avatar, Scarecrow was my nickname, I had a unruly shock of blond hair as a birthmark, stuck out like a sore thumb when the rest of my hair was dark brown. Folks always said it looks like straw sticking out of an old scarecrow and so..........

Anyhow, nice to meet you all, more then likely I'll be lurking more then posting as I'm so new to this.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! It's good to see more members , and that means more finds .

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Dr. Syn