Finally got me fisher 1280X, heres what I found in an hour.

D

Darod

Finally got me fisher 1280X, here's what I found in an hour.

I just got my Fisher 1280x in the mail. UPS delivered it at 8:50pM tonight. I was so mad that I went out anyhow :D

I went up the road to a nearby park. The same one I found the newpaper stamp at with my father-in-laws Beachhunter ID.

The interesting thing is,...I found 4 more pennies in the same area I hunted 3 days ago with the Beachhunter ID. They were all 3 to 6 inches deep. So, I would think they've been there for some time. I'm a bit surprised the Whites didn't get them? Any input on this anyone?

Anyhow, like I was saying I went out tonight with the Fisher 1280X, I just wanted to get familiar with the Fisher since tomorrow morning I will be going down to Wabaso, FL with it. You probably know where that is but I'll tell ya anyhow,....It's the site of the 1715 Spanish Fleet Hurricane wrecks. I'm hoping to find something good.

I'll post what I get, if I get anthing. I can't wait, got to get to bed.

Rod

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Darod

Re: Finally got me fisher 1280X, here's what I found in an hour.

Oh,
Sorry, forgot to included the other thing I found tonight,.....I found a 1984 small yellow Hotwheels SUV about 6" deep in a dirt road next to the park. The hotwheel was pretty much crushed. I'll add a pic tomorrow for everyone to see it. It's nothing really. First hotwheel ever for me though.

Rod

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va

darod
i belive the whites is set up to detect in a salt enviroment and the gorund balance is different

Mav

OP
OP
D

Darod

Mav,

Actually, you can adjust the ground on the Whites,...which I did. So, I don't believe that is the issue. What else do you think it could be?

Rod

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

Darod you just missed those Penny's the first time through. People miss things all of the time.
I have found silver money in areas that have been hunted allot. I would bet you can go over
that same area again and find another coin or two. There is an area that a club has a planted
silver hunt that I bet fifty detectors have been over but you can still find a silvercoin there now
and then.

C

czman

Darod you cant go wrong with a fisher, I have a cz5 and love it...I have hunted my yard for 7 years and I still find stuff I have missed...big yard...HH

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Fishers are good detectors along w/wWhites. Personally I use the 1236X2 but I think it depends too on the soil conditions. The more mineralized, the less depth. But the saying is quite true that if the coil doesn't pass over the target, it won't sound off.

OP
OP
D

Darod

Swinging,

I put your theory to test.
Darod you just missed those Penny's the first time through. People miss things all of the time.

I just hunted today during lunch. I worked an area around a pavilion on the beach near my office. I found 87 cents in no time at all. I went on down the way and hunted for another 45 mins finding some more clad here and there.
I then decided to go back over the area near the pavilion to see if I had missed anything. Well, your right! I found another 27 cents. I guess I have to slow down a bit :) I found $1.77 total in an hour and 15 minutes. Not too bad I guess,....hey, I had fun and that's what I'm after really!

Rod

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What does your newspaper stamp say? "Don't miss this one!"

It's a message for you and all of us with metal detectors.....slow down and don't miss this one.

OP
OP
D

Darod

haupin,

well said ;)

Rod

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the new machine. HH 8)

OP
OP
D

Darod

Thanks True!

I'm starting to get the hang of understanding the tones my Fisher 1280-X gives. I'm also starting to get pretty good at pinpointing with it. Just takes some time in the field I guess :)

To everyone out there:

Is there anyone that is fimiliar with the 1280-X? What I mean is, when I set the disc up to avoid trash I notice that I've pretty much discrimmed out gold! Not good!

On my 1280-X I set the sensitivity all the way up to 10 and the discrimination at 6 or 7 to avoid so much trash. With these settings I can put my wedding ring under the coil and it tones just like trash would (disjointed and breaking-up, chatter tone).

If I set the disc down to about 4 I can get a good tone on the gold ring BUT now I get a good tone on all kinds of junk as well!@!!!!

Anyone know of a better way to set this 1280-X so I can get better tones on gold and not trash? Or am I just going to have to dig it all up? :-\

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the comments.

Rod

BRD

Mar 26, 2004

Darod,
There is something that I have come to realize in the last two years, or so, of detecting; you never get all of the targets! The area where I found the Barber quarter and Barber dime today, my hunting partner and I have gone over slowly at least twenty times in the last six months, or so. I don't know if it's the moisture content of the soil, or what, but the targets will continue to be there. I'm about convinced that a site is never "worked out", so to speak.
Keep digging.
BRD

OP
OP
D

Darod

stoney56 said:
Fishers are good detectors along w/wWhites. Personally I use the 1236X2 but I think it depends too on the soil conditions. The more mineralized, the less depth. But the saying is quite true that if the coil doesn't pass over the target, it won't sound off.

Hey Stoney, just curious,....how is that 1236X2 working for you? Have you used it in saltwater yet? If you did, how was it?

Rod

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

No, the only saltwater it's been near was when I was making pasta the other night. It's made for fresh water-no salt mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread