Finally got out...and harvested the wheatie

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
FINALLY...the temp and weather was cooperative in western PA. I got out to an old farm house I started hunting last fall. This place is extremely trashy and I never had much luck with the 11" coil on the E Trac.
I couldn't what to get back to the farm with the 6"coil. I got that chance today. I only had about an hour to hunt, but it felt good to be back swinging again.
The smaller coil really helped! The first target I dug turned out to be a 1929 wheatie!! What a way to start the year.
The only other coin I found was a clad quarter. But, I know there has to be some silver on this site. The house was over a hundred years old. Looking forward to any hours on the farm this summer.

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my estimation the wheatie is becoming a solid stand alone find , as the cities and towns become

increasingly paved over and urban development and gentrification are gobbling up every old

vacant lot and easements between the sidewalk and curbs are vanishing at an astonishing rate.

Argentium.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always glad to find a wheatie and proves there should be some silver there as well! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread