Finally got out. Antebellum Gold, Dragoon Gold, and more Old Coins and Relics!!!

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer hunt at a property I got permission for back in the winter time and finally had the chance to go back today. Spent about 5 hours there. Most of the property was inaccessible due to 2 foot tall grass but the mowed section and dead patches produced a TON. This place has got tons of history to it. First I got a colonial saddle strap guide, then a button back. I started going slower and started gridding this small mowed section. Coins began to fly out of the ground! I first dug a 1904 Indian Head and then a few feet away dug a shield nickel with rays; then, out from the same hole, I dug an 1857 Flying Eagle! My third flying eagle cent for the year. After that a gorgeous 1817 Matron large cent showed itself. It seems these are harder to come by south of the Mason Dixson than in the north. Then I got two silver dimes back to back, 1920 merc and a 1911 barber. Close by I also dug another Indian, 1885. After that the coin finds subsided and the relics started coming. I moved to another area of the property and the buttons began to surface. In the midst of the buttons I found a Minnie ball, a barrel tap (my first!) and a BEAUTIFUL gold ring. Lucas (PACIVILWARLUKE) and I concluded it probably dates before the Civil War, it's got two large diamonds and not a single marking inside - further showing its age. The shells or roses on the sides are awesome too. After that I found a candle snuffer part and some other odd brass pieces. Before i left, I decided to hunt a portion of the over grown area to see if there was any targets. I got a nice signal and out popped my first lettered Civil War button ever, and it's a nice one. Eagle D with 100% gold guilt and a perfect shank! What an awesome day!!! Not bad for a 5 hour hunt!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 24

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic saves!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic hunt Isaac. I love that Dragoon button.

cologneman

Apr 6, 2015
Northeast Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and XP Deus. Garrett Carrot and MI-6.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great work! Multiple top finds in one hunt, awesome! You should think about cutting that tall grass, who knows what's in there.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Crazy good! Congrats on all of the nice finds.

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no words for how much I simply hate you right now. Incredible hunt and finds. More keepers than I have found in my life. Incredible ring too, just beautiful. In spite of my intense jealousy, warm congratulations to you sir!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of that in 5 hours! Man, you must have been a digging machine! Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great spot... would return ASAP... and talk lightly about it amongst any local yokel Mdr's.

Well done.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck the way that permission is producing, I'd be half tempted to mow it (with the owners equipment and gas of course). I know where you'll be spending much of your time. You dug 5 hunts worth of keepers in 5 hours. WTG Isaac :headbang:

Last edited:

Fattony315

May 17, 2013
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a great hunt. That's a lot of keepers. Congrats on a great day of detecting.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post to go with some great finds. Congrats. Best of luck on the return after the grass comes down.

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can not have a better hunt then that lil bit of everything!

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt!! Offer to mow the lawn and explore the rest of the property!!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
A little bit of everything in that pile Isaac. Awesome hunting!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions