Finally got out ....christmas hunt....

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like several of us were lucky enough to get out today...I was planning to go for several days and finally I got the time today. Was a rough beginning all I had an hour before dark was that tiny broken tip....then things changed for the better towards the end. Came out with a few brokes 10 or more nice scrapers a full pc ...and a glob of hematite. So when i got home i also "finally" hooked up my scanner been meaning to but im lazy lately :dontknow:. The weather was awesome for a christmas hunt and the view from on top of the hills was sweet...mist and fog it was great. Gotta get me a new dig. camera.

img003.jpg img001.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is the Hematite worked at all? Looks like the one I found and mine has some work on the side like a scraper. Not a bad return for an hour.

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
no its just a glob

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Christmas hunt. I like the beveling on the left side of that one. Ever notice how its almost always on the left? Merry Christmas.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is the Hematite worked at all? Looks like the one I found and mine has some work on the side like a scraper. Not a bad return for an hour.

Just thought maybe what looks like work on the edge could be where small pieces were knocked off to be ground for paint. Just a guess.
Nice hunt!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Just thought maybe what looks like work on the edge could be where small pieces were knocked off to be ground for paint. Just a guess.
Nice hunt!

well that scan is kind of deceitful... its very round and its just in its raw state....

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting point Sohio. I really like the material.

Thanks I find that material all the time in scrapers but rarely do i find a point in it.....Steve V told me what the type was on that flint a few years ago and I forget now what it is called STEVE ....whats that stuff called ????

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I had a similar view.....looked like a snow storm in the distance.

Am I seeing blue in two of those pieces?

As mentioned previously, I find that "peppered" material in Kentucky. My Grandfather was lithically challenged, he just called in Salt and Pepper flint....lol. I have never seen one a clear as yours though, that's a very nice one. All pictured are nice, thanks for sharing.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt!

possible I dont really know. First and only one I have ever found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread