Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been three weeks since I have taken a stroll with the M6, I'm surprised it's still talking to me!
Went to a sports field with a gazebo and a tot lot that I haven't been to in well over a year. Just wanted a no pressure hunt no expectations just calm pleasant surprises even if pop tops were the only thing I dug, just getting out was great! Weather was awesome in the 50's with only a little frozen ground an inch down here and there.
The usual clad and trash and a couple of neat surprises, the gold looking piece from an earring isn't gold, but the skull charm I do believe is silver though not marked. I will test it at some point when curiosity gets the better of me!
Hopefully there will be a few more MD'ing Sundays before winter descends and covers all here.
To all my fellow MD'ers Good Luck and Happy Hunting. Post those pics! image.jpg

Upvote 8

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That skull certainly does look to be silver. Do you have a loupe? Sometimes the mark can be pretty small. Congrats on getting out. I go to parks every now and then just to hear the machine beep too, lol.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at it with a loupe, no marks, it is kinda heavy for it's size. I was hoping the gold piece was gold but it wasn't.
The skull rang up dime so I'm thinking the M6 thinks it's silver too.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds Msbeepbeep. I like the skull too... it goes with my "tough guy" image! GL&HH.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds my friend! Hope the weather cooperates long enough for us both to get out more before that white stuff shows up!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys! I was glad to get anything silver again! Still looking for the gold (I wish sp check wouldn't help me it just said I was looking for the old!). Lol!
It rang up 74 Chris.
Yep have to hunt while we can Jeff.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you guys! I was glad to get anything silver again! Still looking for the gold (I wish sp check wouldn't help me it just said I was looking for the old!). Lol!
It rang up 74 Chris.
Yep have to hunt while we can Jeff.

I've hit that smaller solid stuff down to 70.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you got out and found some cool stuff, I think its silver too, skulls are tuff just like CarolinaTom, I hear through the grapevine (beez) said hes quite the looker too!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a bad little haul there Msbeepbeep not bad at all. Hoping the weather holds out for ya'll so you can get some more time detecting in.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver has a tendency to show up in the coin range along with that wonderful can slaw so dig we must!
TH- Next time I need a crowd distractor while I'm MD'ing Carolina Tom will be the go to guy!

Thanks CG! Sunday is looking good for MD'ing may have a little rain but I haven't melted yet!

There's a silver lining to every cloud! On trips to visit a family member in the hospital I have found 2 elementary schools, a Jr. High, 2 tot lots with wood chips, and a large park! Sunday I will be at the large tot lot bright and early rain or not. I am really looking forward to it!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems you've found my "secret". I absolutely love finding something from the colonial age, Civil War, etc.

But, sometimes, all I really want is to walk around a large field, as randomly as possible and feel a bit like that child
on Christmas morning. Opening disappointments and wonderful lil surprises. Also, I know I'm getting more exercise than
I would, sitting home watching M*A*S*H.

I know you're under a strain right now and am very happy that you're able to get out and do this little coping mechanism
of ours. I hope things do nothing but get better for you, (Murphy be damned!)

Nice post, nice thoughts AND you found things to boot!

WTG!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you WHADAFIND. It's the simple little things in life that helps me get thru it and I am thankful for the blessings.
No one questions my aimless meandering on a grassy field if I am accompanied by the M6 for what ever reasons I may be there.
When drop kicked by life it's best to use the momentum and move forward you never know what treasures you'll find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread