Shady Digger

Jun 21, 2007
Cool Ridge, WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey everyone,

this winter has been rough here in southern WV. we've had record-breaking amounts of snowfall and it just now got thawed out and dried up because as the snow was thawing, we got a massive rainstorm and it flooded horribly. FEMA declared a few places disaster areas and bought the people's houses so they could move out.

anyway, me and my dad finally got to get out and detect some this morning. we found a new spot, virgin territory! its an extension of the coal camp that we usually hunt. my dad discovered it a while back but didnt get to hunt it until now. we didnt find much today, just a $1 BFC Coal Company scrip, a nice White House Vinegar jar, and some whatsits. ill clean them up and post pics up later.

good luck & HH everyone

RR

Upvote 0

Shortround

Feb 28, 2007
Castlewood, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Sovereign GT Sunray S1 Probe
I finally got out and swung the coil after about a two year hiatus, too. Went out driving and looked over a few spots I researched, but they were all posted and I could not find the owners to ask permission. Ended up stopping by the fair grounds after driving around for a couple hours just to see if I could remember the language my Sov speaks. only hunted for about an hour and found 2 quarters, 4 dimes, 3 pennies (all clad) and managed to rid the world of 9 pull tabs and 5 bottle tops. I had a great time!

I can not wait to get back into the swing of things and find the old stuff!

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Good luck out there. Most of my family lives in Matewan. I graduated from there in '91. Really interested to see what ur pulling there.

OP
OP
Shady Digger

Shady Digger

Jun 21, 2007
Cool Ridge, WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here are the pics. the Ford hubcap was found at the coal camp a while back and i forgot about it :dontknow: the scrip is about the size of a quarter, for reference. and any info on the hubcap, bottle, handle (maybe from stove?) and the bottle opener lookin thing would be appreciated :help:

RR

Attachments

• DSCN0839.JPG
    DSCN0839.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCN0844.JPG
    DSCN0844.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN0845.JPG
    DSCN0845.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN0846.JPG
    DSCN0846.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN0847.JPG
    DSCN0847.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN0848.JPG
    DSCN0848.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 196

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
At least your getting out now.....which is good. Your handle and bottle opener thing, looks like the handle and catch off of a old refridgerator.....maybe wood box style. Just my uneducated guess.....lol. Have a great Easter.

HH
greg

OP
OP
Shady Digger

Shady Digger

Jun 21, 2007
Cool Ridge, WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is there any way to tell what make or model the hubcap came off of?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread