Finally got permission, here are my finds from a well known area in central Va

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
Today I woke up and decided that I was going to ask permission to hunt on this piece of property that I have had my eye on for a while. I looked up the phone number and called, the lady that answered said "she didn't think it would be a problem but would have to call the actual owner" and call me back. I thought to myself great she won't call back. About three minutes went by and BAM ! the phone rang and it was her, she said no problem and to help my self. I was so excited I couldn't get out of the house fast enough!
I got there and really didn't know where to start so I turned on my machine and was on my way. My research showed artillary and troops all around this area. Well they must have been very careful with their stuff because I only doug these three items. I'm not sure what kind of button it is but it's a button! The small bullet, I have know idea I've never seen one like this(any ideas?). Anyhow I'm going to go back up again and give it a try one more time. Oh yea!! I was very disappointed to see someone had been up there digging holes and not filling them in, I have no doubt they didn't have permission either. I went ahead and filled the holes that I found.This type of thing gives us all a black eye.

Attachments

• kf.jpg
    kf.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 899
Upvote 0

renob151

Mar 19, 2008
Grafenwoher, Germany
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Great finds and good job filling in the holes! One careless person could have messed up what could be a very good area for you !!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man, thats a good sign. Where there is one 3 ringer, there are more. Good Luck, hit it hard and find that plate!! :wink: :wink:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good start JC. In regard to people slipping on property, two years ago I received permission to take some "friends" to a location close to a battlefield that I had hunted several times and found several relics. We all found a few bullets that day and had fun. Apparently, the "friends" slipped back on the property THE NEXT DAY without asking for permission and got everyone (including me) kicked off indefinitely. I was just trying to be nice but that will not happen again. Keep on your site-there is more where that came from. Happy hunting!!!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
VOL1266-X said:
Good start JC. In regard to people slipping on property, two years ago I received permission to take some "friends" to a location close to a battlefield that I had hunted several times and found several relics. We all found a few bullets that day and had fun. Apparently, the "friends" slipped back on the property THE NEXT DAY without asking for permission and got everyone (including me) kicked off indefinitely. I was just trying to be nice but that will not happen again. Keep on your site-there is more where that came from. Happy hunting!!!
know how that feels... :violent1:
it took over 2 yrs to get to go back to that property...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job on the hole filling JC,I see it all the time but it only take's me 30 sec.'s to fill it back in :icon_scratch:.Anyway Congrat's on the permission and find's.....Like Sentinel said,where's there's one there's more.Good Luck at this place and HH!!

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Re: Finally got permission, here are my finds from a well known area in central

Great finds for the day. From the picture its hard to tell but I would guess a 57 or 59 cal 3 ringer mini but if your calling it a small bullet, i'm not sure what your used to digging. 8)

stormfighter

Mar 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
DFX
Great Job on your finds.That is great,filling holes of others we have to preserve our hobby.I live in town and that would ruin it forever leaving open holes.I even try to pick up glass on the athletic fields as a way to preserve future dirt fishing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Genool

Feb 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
JC I'm glad you finally called the people. It is kind of a blow when you go through the trouble to get the permission, then find out there were others there that don't fill in the holes and probably did not have the permission to be there in the first place. Don't let it discourage you though...Keep hittin it..

HH

Genool

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC,
Congrats on getting permission. It's a great feeling to hear that "YES", isn't it. :thumbsup:
Some nice finds too.
-MM-

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
excellent job and the right way to be MDing, getting permission first from the owner, and then taking care of their property once your on it.

Hope you find some good stuff for you deserve it.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread