txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, the water has warmed up and I have been too busy to hit the water, last weekend was my first attempt got the large hoop earring, scooter, and metal coin looking thing. So I snuck out this weekend and the wind was terrible waves pounded me, and I spent most of the time hanging onto the detector and scoop the undertow was terrible and I was only out in the surf, but it paid off I brought home the gold with ice. YEAH, now I only need to find a way to make it to the beach more often.

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find.....Matt

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I so enjoyed just getting out again, even if I had not found a ring it would of been a great day...okay it was better because of the ring, but I always feel bad for the poor person that lost their wedding ring. I would be heart broken if it happened to me.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job that is a nice one. I found one like it last year

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
YeeHaw!! Way to go girl. That's a beauty. Can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings you. :thumbsup:

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice.congrats .I found two just like it one last year an one 2 days ago. Nice ring hope you find a lot more this year...........Cotton

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you can say last weekend I was just getting my feet wet, but I did it I made time to get in a really decent hunt, I am actually going to spend this weekend on the island, surf, sand, sun, and hopefully more gold. My brother and his family are coming up for the weekend too, and the husband is going to take the kids off fishing while I detect. Hopefully if luck holds I will have something else to post.

I hope the wind knocks off, I should post pics of the bruises on my arm and leg from last weekends jaunt with the waves, I never went out deeper than the waist and most of the time I spent in knee deep or less, but I swear Sunday I felt like I had been in a bar fight after being thrashed about out there and knocked on my butt. I always came up grinning, looking around to see who had wittnessed it and wouldn't you know it, everytime I would see someone laughing. Well, at least I am already use to getting some very strange looks when I walk on to the beach geared up to hunt, so everyone needs a good laugh now and then I am all to happy to help out, because at the end of the day I am usually the one laughing as I walk off the beach with my bag of goodies.

Crazy Greek

Nov 12, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Viper Trident
Way to go girl......I'll possibly be huntin the island down around Corpus this weekend also. Hope we both find something to post about! That is one nice lookin ring for sure.

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy Greek said:
Way to go girl......I'll possibly be huntin the island down around Corpus this weekend also. Hope we both find something to post about! That is one nice lookin ring for sure.

let me know how that goes, I have hunted several times at bob hall pier, and that stretch but have never came up with more then a handful of clad, its the darnest thing. I know its there its gotta be, but you know I don't even hear about others finding much on the island itself. I had one old guy tell me that you have to know exactly when to go, something about a certain wind or tide that will wash out all the top sand and then you get to the goodies. I have never been so lucky to be there at that time, I usually wonder around for hours and finally get a signal and dig it, and am jumping up and down, I finally got a penny finally I'm not skunked!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread