Finally hit 25 - 8/22/11

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi all,
Between being busy, surgery and health issues, and a lot of my good spots drying out on me, it's been a slow year. But I finally hit silver #25 today. I found 2 wheats, then a buffalo, then a 1942 Merc, and finally a 1907 IH all near an area that produced a lot for me last year, but has gotten super thin. Someone else had been hunting there and had left uncovered holes. I actually ran into a strange dude detecting there a couple of months ago. He was not a treasure net person. I'm not casting stones, but I wonder. Anyway, my day concluded with a little talisman guy. rang up like a nickel. It was originally part of a ring, I think.
8:22:11A.jpg

8:22:11B.jpg
I only spent 5 minutes cleaning the IH, so its not super (I hate cleaning copper coins), but I did do my toothpick thing on it if GTL is looking. Had I spent longer, say 50 minutes, it'd be pristine. The reverse looked mush like the reverse of your Austrian coin prior to my going to work on it.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on 25! Its nice looking dime too. I love the oogaa booga face haha and its a nice IH too. Thanks for sharing the toothpick method. I might give it a try.

HH!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Toothpicks and hot hydrogen peroxide, huh? You made a believer out of me. I'll try that the next IH I find.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds!!two awesome looking coins is the mercs dimes and Indian penny!Still waiting too unearth my first IH..

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Oogabooga!

Looks like the strange detector dude left you some goodies, so why would you cast stones?!?

Good hunting Jon!

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on your finds!

Top Member Reactions