FINALLY!!! I can die a happy man!! SEATED & BARBERS!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omg guys im still on cloud nine!, ill try to keep the rant to a minimum on this one!!. So I was headed up to the spot of my draped bust lc from 2 days ago because the owner said I can come back whenever I wanted and on my way I spotted this old farm home with a lady doing gardening so I said "eh why not, if she says no I already got a plan B" And of course I get the "someone was through here already" but she let me take a crack at it. all she asked was if she could see my finds before I left. So im gridding along and get a nice little 3 wheat spill and thought cool, it has potential. within about 10 feet of the three wheat spill I get a nice low 70s tone and it was deep, I figured indian and I was right, 1888!, my atpro was talking so sweet to me today, very faint repeatable tones like the one I got immediately following the indian. I got a whisper of a 89-91 and it was saying 10", easy sandy soil so I dug it and out pops the :headbang:1889 SEATED DIME!!!!!! my first seated:headbang: In my opinion the holy grail of detecting finds! Heres a little video to tell the rest of the tale:

within 2 ft. of the seated out pops a :headbang:1902 barber!!!!:headbang: I thought are you kidding me? 2 years with a merc being my oldest and I killed it today 1889 seated and 1902 barber! my phone died after the 1902 barber and I got 3 more Indians and a 1937 buffalo, then that sweet low whisper of a 89-91 at 10" again, I pop the plug and POW!! 1912 Barber!! un freaking believable!!, this place was supposed to be hunted out! I got some clad, a little junk , and 11 wheats total along with some trinkets and 2 intact harmonica reeds. I found 5 late 90s matchboxes and gave em back to the owner. Guys today is the best day of my detecting hobby by far! gonna be hard to beat, Silvers 15,16,and 17 are some doozies in my books! thanks for reading, watching, and HH!!
SAM_0864.JPG SAM_0859.JPG SAM_0861.JPG SAM_0866.JPG SAM_0868.JPG
the last pic with the coins on my atpro is going to garrett, hopefully it gets me in the magazine!

Last edited:
Upvote 35

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fantastic story i wish you much more of this luck.

DigginChicago

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds! That spot may be hunted out when you're done with it ;)

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That right there is some mighty fine pickins by dang!!!You don't find them
spots to often,when you do HAMMER IT!!!:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That right there is some mighty fine pickins by dang!!!You don't find them
spots to often,when you do HAMMER IT!!!:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
Thanks!!, this site was a true blessing. I got a new motto "if ya want old coins, hunt old homes" lol a bit vague perhaps

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice collection, but I'll hold out for something like the gold coins in cans before I'm happy enough to die ( well maybe a couple supermodels too)

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Griding really pays off!!
absolutely but my machine confused me today. silver dimes at 89 91 they're usually 80 to 83 wheats at 75 to 80. and Indians at 65 to 74. those numbers are pretty different from what I'm used to. 8991 usually means Largecent or half. that's why I figured to dig anything repeatable

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow what a fantastic hunt! by the way, that elongated thing with the fancy design on it is called a 'beauty pin'. I've found an identical one. It dates to around 1911. I found an ad for them in a reprint of a 1911 Kresge five and dime catalog.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing your story. I know the feeling when you are having one of those amazing days. You're ready to jump out of your skin you're so excited. Last year I found my first 2 reale as well as my first seated half dollar, which happened to be in the same hole with a seated quarter. In January I got permission to hunt a property and the first day I pulled 6 large cents. Those times are so exciting. I can feel your excitement and I'm thrilled for you. I think you should go back and detect the same spot and bring flowers for the lady who let you detect. You might also ask her if she knows anyone else with an older house who may let you detect.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a rocking hunt brother ! Here's to many more!
God bless

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so what did the lady say after she saw it all?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kind of funny. We hunt and we hunt and we hunt. Hoping for that one day when the planets align. Then, when it ACTUALLY happens, we gotta keep pinching ourselves to make sure it's real! LOL

You put in the time, the research, the bravado to ask and you finally reaped some rewards!

Glad for you!

Many happy returns of the day!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to have to come see you and shake your hand.....I need some luck like that! Congrats on an unforgettable hunt!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow what a fantastic hunt! by the way, that elongated thing with the fancy design on it is called a 'beauty pin'. I've found an identical one. It dates to around 1911. I found an ad for them in a reprint of a 1911 Kresge five and dime catalog.
cool thanks!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to have to come see you and shake your hand.....I need some luck like that! Congrats on an unforgettable hunt!
better yet we should just do a hunt together.
I got tons of spots in mind

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer