Finally in the gold club! first gold ring, then a silver ring, then a silver bracelet

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a new site, it was an old school football field that currently is used as a soccer field and neighborhood park. I heard a strange moving tone, clipped from high to low. I dug it, and the gold ring popped out at me! It is 14k. I also found a sterling silver bracelet and ring, and $7 in clad quarters. The gold ring rang up 57 on the VDI. I usually don't dig those strange signals, but you bet I will be from now on!

Attachments

• total finds 11-17.jpg
    total finds 11-17.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 176
  • gold ring.jpg
    gold ring.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 105
  • silver and gold rings.jpg
    silver and gold rings.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 132
  • sterling silver bracelet.jpg
    sterling silver bracelet.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 59

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hit on the gold! I'm still looking for my first gold.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nothing like some real bling to get the heart pumping. That was a hunt that can spoil you but who cares. gold and silver make for an exciting day. now go find some more!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N ice, Nice and very nice. You will always remember your first gold ring. Just know that for the most part, lead, pull-tabs gold rings and nickels will so often come in the same window on a detector, meaning sound and VDI numbers. Yep, there will be more trash, but remember that #57 VDI. 14K! Size of a nickel will always be the same, within a couple of numbers really, but different shapes/sizes of pull-tabs and different sizes and thickness and gold content of rings vary, and so will numbers, but the sound, detect with the ear first, numbers second. I remember when you started, and now, the GOLD club. Congrats Rings&bling.

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hit on the gold! I'm still looking for my first gold.

You will find it! I am right at a year of detecting. I see you have an AT Pro. How do you like it? I am guessing our VDI readings will be the same...

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nothing like some real bling to get the heart pumping. That was a hunt that can spoil you but who cares. gold and silver make for an exciting day. now go find some more!

Will do, dirtlooter! It was a banner day for me!

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
N ice, Nice and very nice. You will always remember your first gold ring. Just know that for the most part, lead, pull-tabs gold rings and nickels will so often come in the same window on a detector, meaning sound and VDI numbers. Yep, there will be more trash, but remember that #57 VDI. 14K! Size of a nickel will always be the same, within a couple of numbers really, but different shapes/sizes of pull-tabs and different sizes and thickness and gold content of rings vary, and so will numbers, but the sound, detect with the ear first, numbers second. I remember when you started, and now, the GOLD club. Congrats Rings&bling.

Thanks, Sprailroad!!! I think it was fitting for my first year anniversary to find a gold ring. I am SO glad I found this hobby, and this website!

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold. The ice has been broken

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really have the knack for this R&B - In the relatively short time you've been detecting you have done really nicely ! Seems like Colorado is gonna treat you right ! ( probably my favorite state)

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Argentium! It is such fun to be a detective and figure out the secrets in the ground. I think that is why is appeals to me. Plus, it is like gambling, you don't always know what you are going to get, and that is what makes it exciting!

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done, very nice finds......If you want to find rings Hawaii is the place.......

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s crazy how much you can find on an old field! Those are some great finds. I’m jealous :) great job!

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you have had good look in Hawaii, alaskaseeker. I would like to hear more about that.

L

l2hunt

wow, you had a very nice day! love the gold, I guess I better start watching the 57 signals on my 400 heheheeh! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions