Finally joined the Spanish Club today.

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
At a new spot today. Finds are vary sparce, lots of walking up and down the field swinging. But when I find my first Spanish...a 1721 Phillip V cut 2 reales (Cuena mint in Segovia) it makes all that walking worth it!! Extremely brittle.

Super pumped. Found a 43' Walker in the same field. Was told it had been hit many times before. Guess they missed these. 12-40 high tone on the Etrac. Have an on site pic and couple cleaned up pics.

Going to have to keep swinging out there.

Happy hunting!

UECK5775.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG
IMG_1943.JPG

Upvote 30
Congrats on the fine Spanish. That's a sweet find.

Thats a find of a lifetime freakin cool put that bad boy in a nice case Well done Tommy

Wow, that's a nice one! Cut silver is so cool. Congrats!

Congratulations!!!!:notworthy:

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Beauty. Did you crack it while cleaning? Iโ€™ve done that a few times to older silver. Great find!

Sure did Scrappy. Going to
leave it alone before it goes any further :)

No worries. Yep, it happens. Great find again, Iโ€™ve never found pieces of, nor a whole 2-R

Cool club to be in.
Congrats

awesome find and congrats, those seem hard to find around my parts LOL

No worries. Yep, it happens. Great find again, Iโ€™ve never found pieces of, nor a whole 2-R

Welcome to the club buddy! I love seeing Spanish come out of the dirt. Donโ€™t feel bad about the break. Some of those coins are pretty brittle. I found a 2 Spanish spill one time and the coins were packed into this concrete like dirt with small rocks. I broke the 1 real right in half trying to retrieve it. If one of us does it to a draped silver then we can feel really bad lol.

Nice job on your first Spanish silver. It's a dig you wont soon forget. I found my first one 12 years ago, and I can remember the details of the hunt like it was yesterday. (And my memory isn't the best anymore) !

You found a half-pistareen the hard way! Congrats! Welcome to Spain, baby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back