Finally made a find that would make LJ jealous!!!!!!!!!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Thursday my bank told me they forgot to order my boxes, so I would not be able to get them until Feb 6th. So I decided to take a run on Friday after work to a couple of banks I normally do not go to since they were open a little later. One is a little podunk bank, and they said I could buy the bag on the coin counter, but I would have to buy the whole thing. I said "deal". Only found two 40%, but also came up $6 short on halves, but the Susan B and other change made it a $4 short, so I chalked it up to "that is how it goes some times". Went to the next bank, and they only had $6, and the teller said, hey there is a silver one here. I could see it was a Franklin in a solid AU condition. I figured it was probably a 1963D, as I have found several like this. After handing her my $6 (and thanking her profusely since she did not try to keep it for herself), I looked at it better when I got outside. I was correct on the condition, it was a solid XF++ - AU, I was wrong about the date though. It was a 1948. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I had an empty hole in my folder for it also, so that is one more down for a complete Benji collection.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne....that is a very nice catch.......you rascal...ha! That one seems hard to come by......so you did really good. Congrats on that one.

Also, you should be getting a package today or tomorrow.

Mine will show his face sooner or later......fingers crossed..... ???. If not.....I'll play..."lets make a deal".....ha!

Again, very nice score Wayne. Keep em coming and good luck on the next hunt.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions