Finally Scored A Few

tnfishdaddy

Oct 12, 2005
Upper East Tennessee
Went to a small town a few hours away from me for my brother-in-laws wedding. Stopped by the only bank in town and asked for halves. They thought I was crazy. They were tickled to get rid of what they had. They only had $285. $85 was loose in a big ziplock and the rest was rolled. I spotted a silver in the ziplock walking out. Got to my brother-in-laws and dumped them out. Turns out the silver I saw was a proof that had seen better days. Started searching the rolls. Found 2 40% and was getting a little dissapointed. Got to the last roll and hit it pretty good. It had 2 90% and 5 40% in it. Not a bad day. Right before I left town for the wedding, a lady from one of the banks that I stopped in at last week called and said she was going to have me a box on Friday. I told her I would have to pick it up on Monday because I would be out of town. I don't even have an account at this bank.

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Way to go!
I love banks that want to clear their vault!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds.......but what was the silver proof you found? ("Turns out the silver I saw was a proof that had seen better days.")

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread