Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always dream of a colonial silver, but no luck yet. So i began to try park hunting this summer for a change. After work, went to nearest park with my wife, she was walking the dog at the same time. Started to scan around a bench and found a few pennies, oldest is 1964 (hey that's my birth year). Found the quarter few minutes after, but had to pull some pulltabs before. Then my wife said, "why don't you try behind the basket pole, at the border?". She knew better than me, the ring sounded like a nice high tone and it scored mostly 88-89 on the Delta, but had a few around 90. It was at 2 inches, saw no mark on it but i think it is silver. My wife seemed happier than me! Right after, i began to move the coil along the end line. Another high tone, but it seemed louder. Scored a bit lower (87 to 89). I think it is plated, but it is written 925 and Italy. I just remember now i pulled on it a bit hard, i think there is a part missing. Going back tomorrow for sure and wife won't be angry, cause i gave her the ring. :wink:
I'm a hockey guy, but beginning to love basketball. Thanks for looking and HH to all!

Attachments

• IMG_20151008_190414.jpg
    IMG_20151008_190414.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
  • found_oct_8.gif
    found_oct_8.gif
    327.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Upvote 12

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your wife directed you well! Behind goals are great places to look on a basketball court. People will often leave jewelry, wallets and other things carried there while they play. Nice finds!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to see she accompanies you, with the dog, a family affair. :hello2: That was a nice little hunt ya'll enjoyed. My eyes would have bugged out when I first recognized it as a silver chain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bill_wabo

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to you all. Still on the adrenaline, wont sleep much tonight. I'll dream of scanning all the basket courts in town, wearing more and more jewelry as i go, lol
Old Dude, i'm going back tomorrow for the other end, we never know but have a feeling i'll dig everything. :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
bill_wabo

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day 2, another ring

Well, only did a 30 minutes hunt at the same park and same spot (behing basket pole) and found another ring. No mark on it, it's not magnetic oh and the band in the center rotate. I don't think it is tungsten since it has some small notches and scratches, could it be made of titanium? Man am i hooked now. ;D
Wont be able to go until next week, wife has cabin fever. Since colonial field is next to our cabin, i what i'll be doing but the finds are scarce. Only a 1821 farthing this year and many (i think they are called rosehead) forged nails. Thanks for looking and HH to all!
Sorry for the not so good phone photo.
ring_oct9.gif

Attachments

• hunt_oct9_2015.gif
    hunt_oct9_2015.gif
    317.1 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
bill_wabo

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, lol the cat used to be a rugby player, the hat is from a pomelo. The only silver I found this year was beside the basket poles and soccer benches. In all, 2 rings and 2 bracelets. I really like park hunting, you have to sniff through the pull tabs and clad to find the good stuff. I have the biggest respect for folks who are at ring number 55 or 119 for the season. How do they do it?

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the chain is an italian figaro style and is very likely silver.I found one exactly like it and it tested 925.sounds like its time to get a test kit for home use.well done on the silver finds !!

OP
OP
bill_wabo

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for the comments. I feel comfortable now, knowing I can find silver through the garbage in the park 's ground. I'll go next week-end since the ground not frozen here (unbelievable, never saw in 40 years) and the season gets a prolongation.
I think it won't be the same for gold, lot more difficult to find. Hope your season get stretched as mine, still can't believe it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread