Finally Sold all of my Ikes.....Update

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
Finally Sold all of my Ike's.....Update

Yep, I took them right back to the bank. It's funny, I just read ugoti22's post and it seems like some of us are on the same page. I dumped 834$ in Ikes on a bank that told me they were going to start charging me for boxes last year. I know that if I looked hard enough I could have gotten 1.05 per coin at a coin shop but I'm buying something special tomorrow. The reasoning behind selling at its normal value is that I too, plan on proposing to my girlfriend of 4 and a half years. I'm still hoarding my silver but I will have 500 dollars less of coin pick up money for 3 or 4 weeks till it can be replenished. Which just means a few more trips to the bank.
As far as silver for this past month... it has been slow. I've been reading that some out there reported all time lows for July. Well it is the same here for me but like I always say its a game of patience and persistence. The coins will come because the newbies will get board and give up. At least that's what I hope.
For all those on this forum as always gl and HH,
Frank

Update...
I proposed and she said yes. I proposed on 8-9-10 and we are planning our wedding to be on 9-10-11. Thanks for everyones support.
HH,
Frank

Attachments

• Frank and Kate\'s Engagment! 092.jpg
    Frank and Kate\'s Engagment! 092.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Frank and Kate\'s Engagment! 095.jpg
    Frank and Kate\'s Engagment! 095.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Finally Sold all of my Ike's

Frank, first off congrats. I asked my wife to marry me after we were together for 4 years. It's weird saying wife, I just got married. I see a lot of people did have a slow month in july, but I actually had on of my better months this year. It's all just timing, and area. You never know what you'll get in this game, but it makes it interesting.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats! Everyone is getting married on here. I dated my wife for 3 1/2 years before I purposed.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

I played it out for 9 years before proposing. Figured if i cant shake her loose in that amount of time she would kill me if i didnt. Best thing ive ever done. Enjoy her and treat her like a real treasure.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer

Never tried the marriage thing, maybe when I grow up. (I'm only 52). Last year things started heating up the very first weekend of July, for me. I think it has more to with luck and persistance, than the time of the year.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Hey Tank,
I just put $210 on ebay. The auction is done in two days...I will let you know how it goes. Looks like it could turn out a decent profit. It is up to 220.00 with 20 some people watching the auction and 20 bids. Hope for the best.

Golden Silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used

Auction is up to 262.00!! Let er ride baby!

Golden Silver

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009

Dang.
Just sold $63 @ face (nothing silver or special). Next time I'll FeeBay them...

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used

Ok, so the lot of 210 ike dollars just sold for 278.61. With flat rate box and insurance and ebay fees I may have made 40 bucks on the deal. We will see. Not too Shabby.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
T

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used

golden silver said:
Ok, so the lot of 210 ike dollars just sold for 278.61. With flat rate box and insurance and ebay fees I may have made 40 bucks on the deal. We will see. Not too Shabby.

Golden Silver

Well I have a bank that orders 100 for me every quarter so I guess next time I'll just throw them on ebay and make a few bucks. Congrats. Also by selling them they would hopefully go to another state so I WON'T see them again which is why I was hesitant to take them back to a bank but it is defiantly the right decision.
HH,
Frank
By the way today is the day I'll update with pics later. Thanks for everyones support.

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois

Congrats! Hope she said YES! :)

Asked my gal to marry me after a month and a half, had to wait a 2 more months to actually marry her! (not a shotgun wedding).

So your bank orders you Ikes?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

golden silver said:

Golden Silver

Nice Score...i have been watching Ikes on Ebay for awhile and i Noticed if you sell like 10-20..the profit margin is a bit better..i bought about 100 of them about a year ago and started selling Ikes and my Clad Halves just the 2 coins alone was bring me right around 4 bucks..and ebay didnt get me to bad on fees..Again..i had time on my hands to do so..but it was fun and i earned a bunch of Postive feedbacks from Begining collectors..I noticed the people buying them were a younger crowd ( by the way they communicated)..so i figured they probally never saw some of these before

Good Looks on the Profit thou :headbang:

OP
OP
T

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used

conpewter said:
Congrats! Hope she said YES! :)

Asked my gal to marry me after a month and a half, had to wait a 2 more months to actually marry her! (not a shotgun wedding).

So your bank orders you Ikes?

Yes they do but I can only get 100 worth every banking quarter. Not sure why I'm limited but I'm not going to complain to much.
HH,
Frank

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Finally Sold all of my Ike's.....Update

Wow, cool ring! Congrats on your engagement.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice ring, and congrats. The silver is more important than the Ike's anyhow.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used

Congrats! Here is to a life full of treasure.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread