Finally some gold with character!

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
It was a day that didn't start out so good. I though maybe i could do some exploring today and try to find some other creeks bearing gold. Well i came up on an old gold mine (just a hole in the mountain side really) tested the creek close to it and found nothing. The cave was very interesting and kind of creepy but that was not what i was after today! So i head back to old faithful to try some new spots i was sure would have gold. Well after a few hours i had found barely anything. In need of a moral boost i decide to dig my sweet spot for a bit. After about three buckets full i hit it! Boom! My biggest piece yet! I do my little happy dance right on the spot lol. The i get to digging some more. After 1 more bucket i find nothing.
Well i guess that's how it goes in protecting. I'm thinking to myself maybe i should try some more exploring. There was some new creeks that had my attention i wanted to try. Then i say to myself the gold is here i just have to find it! So after much deliberation i decide to give it another shot. So I'm running it through my sluice and not seeing anything. Then all the sudden BOOM there is goes again! I have never seen gold in my expanded metal before, that was very exciting. I had to decide weather to run the rest of my bucket or stop everything and get my gold! Well i told myself to calm down and finish the run. Boy I'm glad i did! Another clunker fell onto the rubber matting and that was it! This has been my best day so far! The gold in the jar is what i already have. It doesn't even compare to today's fat chunky flakes! Hope y'all enjoy!
ForumRunner_20130330_074519.png

ForumRunner_20130330_074544.png

ForumRunner_20130330_074640.png

ForumRunner_20130330_074618.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Oldyoungtimer

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
Crazy app acting up. I'm trying to post pics of this creepy mine shaft.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130330_085012.png
    ForumRunner_20130330_085012.png
    240.1 KB · Views: 128

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That mine looks like the local hang out spot for a bunch of no good bears.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well It looks like you're getting closer to the gold than I am. I'm still only getting flour but I just finished up getting the sluice built so now I can really run some materials! I'll catch up soon enough YOT.

OP
OP
Oldyoungtimer

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
That mine looks like the local hang out spot for a bunch of no good bears.

I think it's actually a local hang out for some no good people lol. There is trash scattered all over the place. Even in the mine if you look close at the pic.

OP
OP
Oldyoungtimer

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
Now THAT's what I'm talking about! What a great day and way to set the bar for something better! Well done! Thanks for posting and keep us up to date!:notworthy:

Thanks Jeff! It was a day I'll never forget to actually get a picker! Never thought i would get anything that big out of that creek. Now I'm wondering how big does it get! Lol I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the reply.

OP
OP
Oldyoungtimer

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
Well It looks like you're getting closer to the gold than I am. I'm still only getting flour but I just finished up getting the sluice built so now I can really run some materials! I'll catch up soon enough YOT.

Well i think luck is on my side and some very hard digging and boulder throwing helps lol. I'm for sure going to let my arm and shoulder heal for a little while. Especially after i moved about 4000 lbs of dirt to dig a trench around my pool today. Hope your sluice works out for you. Mine did to an extent lol. I finally broke down and bought one. I'm very glad i did as i have full confidence in it now. As long as i set it up right...

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Boo-yaahh! Nicely done--keep at it and you'll only get better at it.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread