Finally some US silver!

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to find some US silver again, 1945-P war nickel. Last 3 silvers have been Spanish, French and Netherland Antillies.

Love the belt buckle too, dug body first, swept the hole again to make sure there wasn't any change with it and the machine beeped at me, that always makes me smile when's there's more in the hole...dug down again and pulled the bull out. It had been soldered to the frame but got seperated in the ground. Back is marked "Nickel Silver." Which is just a cheap metal that's supposed to look like silver, but in reality contains only nickel and copper.

Attachments

• bull.jpg
    bull.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 515
Upvote 0

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
Great Finds Jim.........Silver is the same here, Spain, France, and Worldwide....will always give me a smile.... :)

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Great finds, Way to check the hole again.

Wpg_Lwr

Apr 18, 2007
That buckle looks exactly like the one I had when I was a kid, back in the '60s. It was a silver-colored backing plate with a goldtone steer's head.

littleton

Feb 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5
I think I'd have to clean that buckle up and wear it! Nice!

R

RUDY2003

A little deeper and you might have found the pants...
Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread