Finally something decent to post

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After striking out in the heat this summer I've finally got something to post. Me and my son decided to hit a spot that we've gotten Civil War items before so we hit it early this morning trying to beat the heat. After about 5 minutes I got this really good 80s signal mixed in with iron after digging about 6 inches in the rock hard dirt I popped out this flattened bullet 20150902_131743.jpg 20150902_131758.jpg after I dug it I called Brandon over he said it was a lead arrowhead I told him I thought it was a bullet. My second find was only a few feet away it turned out to be a small flat button. After about an hour that's all I had found so we moved to a different spot in the field. Well my first signal turned out to be a three ringer not far away I found a musket ball and then a broken tombac button. The heat finally got to us so we packed up. When I got home I showed my wife the flattened bullet the first thing she said ,was It an arrowead? So now after looking at it more I think it is definitely a flattened bullet and then the notches were cut into it. What do you guys think just a bullet or camp art. 20150902_131938.jpg

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread