Finally Stumbled Across a Good Box of Halves...

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through four boxes of halves today. And for the first time in months, I actually got an ender (1969)! I think my heart stopped for a second there. I was pretty sure I wouldn't see another ender ever again (last one was Novemberish)! And, I'm certain they are an endangered species in my neck of the woods. That was in my first box today, and that box ended up giving up TEN 40%ers including the ender!!! The other three boxes were skunks, but I'm not too bummed.

I also caught a silver dime that I almost threw back in the coin machine at the bank today. I was happy, but I was also pretty angry with myself. I remember back to when I missed it. I had a roll that kind of "exploded" when I was going through them last night. Most fell into my dump bucket, so I'm guessing it was in there. I actually saw it swirling around in the hopper in the machine at the bank and yanked it out, in an instant, before it was lost forever.

More tomorrow and the day after.

Happy Hunting!

01.jpg
02.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
OtlFrutiger

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened up four more boxes tonight that were a part of this same shipment and found 15 more silvers!!! The great thing is that two of them were '64s!!! The rest were all 40%ers ('66s, '67s, '68s, & '69s). So, I ended up hitting a total of 25 silver coins on $4000 in halves—I'll take that any week!

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH & Beijing, PRC
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I opened up four more boxes tonight that were a part of this same shipment and found 15 more silvers!!! The great thing is that two of them were '64s!!! The rest were all 40%ers ('66s, '67s, '68s, & '69s). So, I ended up hitting a total of 25 silver coins on $4000 in halves—I'll take that any week!

Way to go, OTL! Looks like you've hit an Ag vein in those Brinks palettes. Hit it hard!!

Up here in Columbus the boxes are still pretty anemic. So far this week I've scored 9 40$ers from 14 boxes, which is an improvement over the past several weeks (of literally nothing). Still have 10 more boxes to go through before the weekend.

Good luck... and GO BUCKS!

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Way to go, OTL! Looks like you've hit an Ag vein in those Brinks palettes. Hit it hard!!

Up here in Columbus the boxes are still pretty anemic. So far this week I've scored 9 40$ers from 14 boxes, which is an improvement over the past several weeks (of literally nothing). Still have 10 more boxes to go through before the weekend.

Good luck... and GO BUCKS!

I'm sorry but I just started halves this week and I'm in Columbus. Sorry for the competition. Haha

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH & Beijing, PRC
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry but I just started halves this week and I'm in Columbus. Sorry for the competition. Haha

Nice to meet another Buckeye. Actually, I think its pretty cool to meet other CRHers in Columbus! You are the second person I've met on this forum who lives here. I'm in the Clintonville area and do most of my pickups / dumps on the north and northwest part of town. More than a few tellers have told me that there are "several other people" who pickup/dump halves, so we'll probably cross paths at some point.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(4) 40% out of 12 boxes for me. Got 10 more today. Mostly getting "small number guy, or smiley face or "jfk" written to the left of kennedys head" boxes this week. Thats one of the 2 big hunters marks, its all the same person.

Did see one OTL coin in a box. Only a few of ,my older marks.

OP
OP
OtlFrutiger

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(4) 40% out of 12 boxes for me. Got 10 more today. Mostly getting "small number guy, or smiley face or "jfk" written to the left of kennedys head" boxes this week. Thats one of the 2 big hunters marks, its all the same person.

Did see one OTL coin in a box. Only a few of ,my older marks.

Cool! What state are you in?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice Otl! I used to love those gold and white rolls when I got them, when we changed to the Black and White ones here it seemed to go down hill for me. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread